Ford 4610 LP Cab

Im guessing its kinda like a chef thing 

He would rather make his own take on currie than to have some one else mass produce it 

If were talking ERTL JD 3140 Sekura cabs  

I got one too also i dont know if most of you know but the green top to those ertl cabs look too shallow 

Take a look at the IH 784 cab i know the lengh and width aint the same but the depth looks better on the 784 cab top 

Would it be possable to buy a sekura cab off you john when ur happy with the casting i dont mind in 3 or 4 pice either mate 

On 5/23/2019 at 5:59 PM, 844john said:

Front bolster cast and fitted and a start on the front axle. This is a totally different kind of build for me as I'm making the parts, casting them, and then building a "prototype" as it were to check for fit. Another mock-up to see if it's looking right dimension-wise

I’m not really well up enough on that type of ford to tell precise dimensions but it looks correct to me. We have a 6610 lp cab in the moment so again if you need any photos of specifics just shout. Though I’m on hols this week coming !

8 hours ago, alf aphid said:

I’m not really well up enough on that type of ford to tell precise dimensions but it looks correct to me. We have a 6610 lp cab in the moment so again if you need any photos of specifics just shout. Though I’m on hols this week coming !

Thanks Alastair, I must admit to spending a lot of time planning and drawing out on graph paper and then doing trial runs of the parts to make sure they look right....it's amazing how long it can take putting the cab on to get the distance between the mudguards and the wheels and also the gap between the top of the bonnet and the bottom of the windscreen in proportion, but i always feel it's time well spent to make things look as near right as you can. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, justy 46 said:

Image result for ford 4610

The finished model will be something like this one I would be thinking .. A perfect example of the early 4610s . 

Cheers Justin, yes that's the one, I've even got that photo as a reference. The main difference is the one that I'm doing has two steps to the cab like the tractor it's based on, don't think I've seen one with only one step before

WP_20190525_05_33_43_Pro (2).jpg

untitled (17).png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 844john said:

Thanks Alastair, I must admit to spending a lot of time planning and drawing out on graph paper and then doing trial runs of the parts to make sure they look right....it's amazing how long it can take putting the cab on to get the distance between the mudguards and the wheels and also the gap between the top of the bonnet and the bottom of the windscreen in proportion, but i always feel it's time well spent to make things look as near right as you can. 

The human eye is an amazing thing that’s for sure, it’s amazing what minuscule inaccuracy it can pick up on! 

• Like 1

does look a fair old step up with the single  step version , looking good so far john always had a soft spot for the smaller lp cabbed fords , always thought it suited the tractor better than the q cabs, doesn't look right on the bigger ones though, they deffo suit the q series 

9 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

does look a fair old step up with the single  step version , looking good so far john always had a soft spot for the smaller lp cabbed fords , always thought it suited the tractor better than the q cabs, doesn't look right on the bigger ones though, they deffo suit the q series 

Thanks Sean, yes I think the 3 pot Fords looked a more balanced tractor with the LP cab....I'm still going to do one with the Q cab though;)

1 hour ago, 844john said:

Still looks a tidy tractor Justin;)

That's just a pic I pulled from Google images..but it sure is a nice clean one. In terms of the steps...its kinda odd..The Q cabbed 4600 & 4610 seem to also vary between 1 or 2 steps up and those cabs sit higher that the LP. The 4600 & 4610 have much the same skid unit .So I can think of the Lambourne and Fritzemeir which would be low like the LP  & also have one step up..The bigger 4 pots are usually 2 ..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I thought i might as well cast some of the bits Sean as it's more than likely I'll add a few more AP and LP Fords to my collection as I get time, and I've found that it's not really much bother to do the casts as i go along. It also makes it easier if anyone else wanted one;)

• Like 1