Ford 4610 LP Cab

24 minutes ago, mb86 said:

Those are superb john. I agree the old fieco cab will look nicer than the recent one, although the step goes a long way to spoiling the look of it. 

Thanks Martin, yes, that step's horrible isn't it! At the moment they're just roughly put together just to see if it would work as I've re cast a shortened skid for the 46's, but I think with a little work a 4000 and a 4600 shouldn't be too difficult. You might just have noticed a third 4610 in the background? ;) actually it's the one in the first picture with the dashboard fitted:)

• Like 1

Great work John.. These are the Ford's that the mainstream manufacturers have snubbed unfortunately.. I done the 4600 & 4000 myself a few years ago by chopping back the Britains 5000 & 6600 castings & also using the cabs from both..Nigel Ford Sankey rims from his 5000 Pre Force seemed to be 36" representation when compared to the UH 5000 38"s .. They all look a treat.. Best tread I've seen on the forum for years ...keep up the good work. ;) Cant wait to see them finished.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, 844john said:

Thanks Martin, yes, that step's horrible isn't it! At the moment they're just roughly put together just to see if it would work as I've re cast a shortened skid for the 46's, but I think with a little work a 4000 and a 4600 shouldn't be too difficult. You might just have noticed a third 4610 in the background? ;) actually it's the one in the first picture with the dashboard fitted:)

You are most of the way there with your skid so as you say it would be rude not to. Ooh yes I twigged it, someone is going to be a lucky fella. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, justy 46 said:

Great work John.. These are the Ford's that the mainstream manufacturers have snubbed unfortunately.. I done the 4600 & 4000 myself a few years ago by chopping back the Britains 5000 & 6600 castings & also using the cabs from both..Nigel Ford Sankey rims from his 5000 Pre Force seemed to be 36" representation when compared to the UH 5000 38"s .. They all look a treat.. Best tread I've seen on the forum for years ...keep up the good work. ;) Cant wait to see them finished.

Cheers Justin, you're right, these smaller tractors always seem to get overlooked, that's one of the joys of doing them to be honest.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

i would say the old one as well for the 4000, it certainly worked well for my 5000 when i did it 

Yes, I think the older cab is nicer Sean, although to be honest, the more I'm looking at the brochures the more I'm just thinking of building my own cab anyway as it's a relatively square affair and hopefully shouldn't pose too many problems

10 hours ago, mb86 said:

You are most of the way there with your skid so as you say it would be rude not to. Ooh yes I twigged it, someone is going to be a lucky fella. ;)

That's what I thought Martin, might as well be like UH and milk the castings, let's see, 4610Q gen. 1 to 3, 4610 gen 2 L.P and A.P.,  County 4600 four, square Duncan cab, swept back Duncan cab, 4000 straight windscreen, 4000 humped windscreen,:o............any more anyone:D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, 844john said:

That's what I thought Martin, might as well be like UH and milk the castings, let's see, 4610Q gen. 1 to 3, 4610 gen 2 L.P and A.P.,  County 4600 four, square Duncan cab, swept back Duncan cab, 4000 straight windscreen, 4000 humped windscreen,:o............any more anyone:D

Cabless/ Duncan 6x and 6y 4000, county 4000-four, factory fitted 4wd 4600, county 4600 Q cab, 4610T 4630 ..... It's a big list. Q cab was only available on early 4610's. Late first series ones, force 2 and gen 3 had the LP2 cab, also seen quite a few county and standard ford 46's with the Duncan Supercab...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mb86 said:

Cabless/ Duncan 6x and 6y 4000, county 4000-four, factory fitted 4wd 4600, county 4600 Q cab, 4610T 4630 ..... It's a big list. Q cab was only available on early 4610's. Late first series ones, force 2 and gen 3 had the LP2 cab, also seen quite a few county and standard ford 46's with the Duncan Supercab...

You know when sometimes you say or start something......and then wish you hadn't....:D

• Haha 2

A 4100 & 4110..much the same ..minus the tombstone over the front axle on the 4100.. Oh and my favourite..the Fritzmeier cab 4600.. You could use the casting from the first Pre Force 4000 Major all the way up to the 4630.. Your casting has lots of potential John..;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, justy 46 said:

A 4100 & 4110..much the same ..minus the tombstone over the front axle on the 4100.. Oh and my favourite..the Fritzmeier cab 4600.. You could use the casting from the first Pre Force 4000 Major all the way up to the 4630.. Your casting has lots of potential John..;)

I was leaving that one for you to take the glory Justin ;):D

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mb86 said:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

4000 SOS, 4600 fieco, lambourn cabbed County 4600-4.

3 hours ago, IH885XLMAN said:

Roll on the 3000s and 3600s ha ha then u got all the hiway and industrial versions 

1 hour ago, justy 46 said:

That's it.....I'm burning the moulds!!!:D

• Like 1
  • Sad 1