International 84 / 85 series

Thats lovely i remember on the farm i spent loads of days on they had nothing but mashes

674 on ransomes elevator digger 

Also one on conventiomal  bailing with a class

2 x 784s like yours above one on a tanko front  oader for flat 8s and potato boxes

The other on the halm topper 

• Like 1

Beautiful job. Really taking shape John! back home on the Isle of Wight this week got digging through my old photos, thought you might like this one, it’s one I’d like one day for sentimental reasons, my friend who’s farm it was on and my little sister in front, I guess 1987 ish 

C38DF706-1A9D-4264-9575-51BD3FDFD167.jpeg

59E21687-D697-4378-A851-1DCE8FEA2DC4.jpeg

• Like 9

Thanks Alastair, lovely to see old photos like that, I know progress is a wonderful thing, but I sometimes think they were better days, not wishing to sound like an old fart!. Funnily enough, I have a 785, 684 and also a 484 all with that cab sat on my bench at the moment, the 484 was basically the facelift 84 series version of the little 454, I'll  get a picture later for you, if I get my weeks trailer finished I could almost recreate that first picture, I'm not sure what that trailer is but it looks very similar:)

Edited by 844john

11 hours ago, 844john said:

Thanks Alastair, lovely to see old photos like that, I know progress is a wonderful thing, but I sometimes think they were better days, not wishing to sound like an old fart!. Funnily enough, I have a 785, 684 and also a 484 all with that cab sat on my bench at the moment, the 484 was basically the facelift 84 series version of the little 454, I'll  get a picture later for you, if I get my weeks trailer finished I could almost recreate that first picture, I'm not sure what that trailer is but it looks very similar:)

Completely agree John, I’m a sentimental old bugger, but it’s noticeable how much the little old farms have disappeared on the island , the very one in these photos is all gone now.

i have however witnessed some oldish crocks out at work including a jd 975  complete with series 3 truck cab Land Rover! 

Edited by alf aphid
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, alf aphid said:

Completely agree John, I’m a sentimental old bugger, but it’s noticeable how much the little old farms have disappeared on the island , the very one in these photos is all gone now.

i have however witnessed some oldish crocks out at work including a jd 975  complete with series 3 truck cab Land Rover! 

its all over, last visit to suffolk i was amazed how many small places had gone, most into london wally  luxury barn convos , the land swallowed up into a bigger outfit, i cant remember the last pig farm i saw other than the one we stay at, even the dairy unit has gone. luckily or not down here theres still loads of small farms going, i guess down to the land being more hilly and harder to work ,the big country kit you see in east anglia just wouldn't work down here size wise ,so it doesn't really pay maybe. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

its all over, last visit to suffolk i was amazed how many small places had gone, most into london wally  luxury barn convos , the land swallowed up into a bigger outfit, i cant remember the last pig farm i saw other than the one we stay at, even the dairy unit has gone. luckily or not down here theres still loads of small farms going, i guess down to the land being more hilly and harder to work ,the big country kit you see in east anglia just wouldn't work down here size wise ,so it doesn't really pay maybe. 

I think we're fairly lucky too Sean, yes there are some big farms once you get further down the valley but there are also still lots of smaller family farms around us who farm in more traditional ways, often still with a fair bit of classic kit, for me much nicer to see than a field full of modern monsters

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Valley Axe Man said:

A few projects there John, looking good though :) but have you factor'd in that once you've got all these finished that you've enough shelf space to store them??

Good point there Paul, we might have to have a dispersal sale......I'm sure the wife wouldn't mind, she doesn't share my passion for collecting and taking up cupboard space!

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, 844john said:

Good point there Paul, we might have to have a dispersal sale......I'm sure the wife wouldn't mind, she doesn't share my passion for collecting and taking up cupboard space!

it would be a major crime to have to sell off some of your collection John, i'm sure you'll find somewhere to store them ;) 

• 3 weeks later...