Kane Trailer respray

The aim here is to make a couple of cheap but decent silage trailers using the Kane 14 tonner.

I bought the Kane for £20 delivered, the spray paint from CNH for £10 and £5 of new decals from Pete.

Stripped her down but couldn't get the wheels off without ruining them so left them on.

P1070894.JPG

Having seen a couple of dark grey RW trailers running round these parts I chose a can of CNH Dark grey for this venture.  Gloss black is over the top for me but the grey works quite well.

Unfortunately it appears Kanes only come in blue with  just a few red ones about too.   In these parts you will see Bailey, RW , Larringtons and Stewarts available in many different colours! So I may be trail blazing for a future Kane design:D

P1070895.JPG

The paint covers over the blue and yellow really well,  I wiped all the parts down with white spirit and a rag firstly and then one light coat after another every 10 minutes until satisfied.

The wheels got painted silver and the hubs satin dark grey.

P1070896.JPG

Kane go over the top with all their stickers imo so I toned mine down just a little.

I painted the mudguards metallic silver just like the RW ones and then added stickers and lights etc to the tailgate.

I will have to add some hydraulic hoses when I find suitable material but for 35 quid she aint too bad:)

P1070899.JPG

P1070900.JPG

Centre cap goes on with two stubs through the rim, knock these out from the back youll be able to tap the centre cap out by tapping these stubs, then theres a screw behind that. Tapped into metal so no chance of the screw just pulling out alone unfortunately.

7 hours ago, aaron moore said:

Centre cap goes on with two stubs through the rim, knock these out from the back youll be able to tap the centre cap out by tapping these stubs, then theres a screw behind that. Tapped into metal so no chance of the screw just pulling out alone unfortunately.

thank you for the info , much appreciated

Archived