EX ERTL CASE 2294

I ve alr eady show off little bit in my onion loader\picker topic. Some time ago hmm few moths i spot that on ebay for 5er. Shape was.. better i write whats going to be from that ;).  First of all bigger wheels thats basics ;).  Already prepared under body means frame "gearbox" from steel box section and steel bar and its heavy ;). Going to reuse engine coz got some details and im to lazy to build new one. 3 point linkage will be different. Im going to put some windows in cab.  Change color to white. Straight exhaust pipe. There's on Youtube one which is our impression 

IMG_1877.JPG

IMG_1878.JPG

IMG_1879.JPG

IMG_1881.JPG

IMG_1964.JPG

IMG_1995.JPG

Edited by dr-abich
  • Like 9

5 hours ago, Janval said:

I've got a hndfull of these picked apart and paint stripped atm, got a cab and bonnet piece white and ready as well. The base is actually nicely detailed on these! Looking forward to seeing your build as well!

Yes and they don’t have the horrible seam down the bonnet. I’m never quite sure dimensionally how good they are, and the cab is very chunky, but it’s better than nothing !

Alastair from what i checked dimensions are all right. Horrible things are :steering axle but it was in most of models from that era and 3 point hitch (2 point actually) which You can see on first photo something huuuuge after tractor. Now i'm trying to find another one like that for base like a 1270 or maybe 3294 but its quite expensive. People selling it as a rare model.

I have seen it going up in price as well, and when they aren't the shipping costs are out of this world (at least in my case). I've never understood why they made the seamed stuff, completely ruins the looks of the models. Also on the 2294's there seem to be different hitches, the one in your photo Dominik is the worst kind :D

How does the 1270 and the 3294 compare in size to the 2294?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Janval said:

I have seen it going up in price as well, and when they aren't the shipping costs are out of this world (at least in my case). I've never understood why they made the seamed stuff, completely ruins the looks of the models. Also on the 2294's there seem to be different hitches, the one in your photo Dominik is the worst kind :D

How does the 1270 and the 3294 compare in size to the 2294?

I don't know yet cab looks same.3294 have same wheelbase from what i found so bonnet possibly same except that hump on top. Let me finish that one and i m going to start with some research ;) 

Edited by dr-abich

On 8/15/2019 at 10:49 PM, dr-abich said:

I don't know yet cab looks same.3294 have same wheelbase from what i found so bonnet possibly same except that hump on top. Let me finish that one and i m going to start with some research ;) 

I've got some brochures, I could check the general measurements I suppose.

On 8/15/2019 at 9:31 PM, dr-abich said:

Alastair from what i checked dimensions are all right. Horrible things are :steering axle but it was in most of models from that era and 3 point hitch (2 point actually) which You can see on first photo something huuuuge after tractor. Now i'm trying to find another one like that for base like a 1270 or maybe 3294 but its quite expensive. People selling it as a rare model.

Ah ok that’s interesting to know, I just always thought it looked a bit narrow in the cab, but in truth it’s not that I’ve seen many in real life!

yes the hitch is something else, we had ours out tonight on the carpet, and it made me smile the way it had just been bodged on, added to that it’s useless! I’m planning grafting a Britain’s hitch on mine as I’d like it to function. I daren’t strip it just yet, don’t think I’d be popular!!

you can pick them up for not too much money if you wait, postage is always the sting though!  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Janval said:

Looking good! Quite some work there with cutting of the engine!

Yeah was. but angle grinder is very helpful ;)  Alastair for now i bought too much siku john deere's as a wheel donors

Edited by dr-abich
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, alf aphid said:

What made you do away with the chassis? Didn’t think it was that bad...

I would like make my life harder ;).    I want to make this model very realistic and my curiosity telling me build that from basic using only bonnet rear mudguards and cab. What's going to be from that time will tell. By the way have You ever seen guys style of steering wheel in real one?? Looks like proper racing one from 70. Reminds me a little bit NARDI torino.

D5844H.jpg

D5844I.jpg

I6011ZP.jpg

Edited by dr-abich
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, dr-abich said:

I would like make my life harder ;).    I want to make this model very realistic and my curiosity telling me build that from basic using only bonnet rear mudguards and cab. What's going to be from that time will tell. By the way have You ever seen guys style of steering wheel in real one?? Looks like proper racing one from 70. Reminds me a little bit NARDI torino.

Ha ha yes you are making life difficult, I have to say, unless I find any glaring errors with it, my chassis will be staying!!

and as to the wheel, yes I had, Quite a thing!! :lol: 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...