Britains 2020 releases

ford man

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seeing this offering seems to me that Britains are on the decline ,just a lot of the same but in different disguise. If i have counted correctly only 4 new products, and 2 of them to me are industrial/Construction.Very disappionting. We need more implements and Kit, not more tractors. Will be interesting to see what is dropped for next year.The last 2 years have also seen products that were to be refreshed as they call it, never appear, so one has to wonder what is going on?.

tractorman314.

4 hours ago, ALLEN XL said:

Britains chap said Kverneland Cultivator dropped for time being.

Thats disappointing.

They have released huge high horsepower tractors (such as the New Holland T9 which I do like) but never anything to pair them with, though the Kuhn Performer looks good with it, though am fairly sure its been dropped now?

Its a shame a lot of new releases are just alternate colours of existing models - they are certainly milking the NC tankers!  I wondered if there would be a different coloured Valtra each year too.  The new Loadall looks OK though, but it looks like it has a different mounting system to the TM420 which is slightly annoying.

I maintain my soft spot for Britains though - I used to have it for Siku but they have really gone down the pan over the last few years.

I guess it will be the Blue one from a few years ago, but painted yellow. Did anyone who attended Toytrac get to speak to the Britains rep, and voice any of these type of questions,and if they did was there any promising response's.

tractorman314.

Im thinking we might see quite a lot of upgraded tractors as well as new designs at Agritechnica.  I certainly see JD refreshing the 6R appearance wise and we know Fendt are doing so to the 700s.  But I reckon JCB will freshen up the 4000 series a little as well,  even though I agree its a great looking tractor JCB have a record of upgrading models.  They used to do it every 4 years or so to the old 3000 series so I think the 4000 bonnet will get a makeover.  And surely they will offer something in the 250-280hp sector,  a 4000 or maybe 6000 series, we wont have much longer too wait.

They might aswell just go 300 hp and a tow chain there you go British farming covered and just change colour to suit the manufacturers competition 

Up to 3 or so years ago they were briliant 

Tomy have messed a good brand congratulations 

I suppose in fairness Britain's are still doing what they've always done, replicating the new tractors that are seen at work in the fields for the young generation to play with (play being the key word there, they are after all first and foremost a toy) When I was nine or ten I didn't want models of 40 year old tractors to play with on my carpet, I wanted the "big" new tractors of the day, the Ford TW20's and 6600's, Massey 595's, Renault 145-14's and the like, toy manufacturers have usually replicated the bigger models in the range, I suppose the real things have just got that much bigger now and the toys have followed suit.

Britains are the only manufacture really that have done classic British style tractors with the Heritage range ...the rest do continental Euro style...and that is were the problem is for us few collectors here in the UK and Ireland..

I recall the David Browns getting a mixed response, do you think that could have put Britains off? It would be interesting to see what sales were, though judging by how much they go for (all the heritage models I mean), then you would think they must have all sold out originally.

26 minutes ago, CX820Joe said:

I recall the David Browns getting a mixed response, do you think that could have put Britains off? It would be interesting to see what sales were, though judging by how much they go for (all the heritage models I mean), then you would think they must have all sold out originally.

I agree , there was plenty of people slagging the db’s off for bits of inaccuracy but boy they make plenty of money on eBay 

The "new" classics  ford 5000 6600 7600 then the bubble cabed types all the IH 56 xl and JD 50 series plus DBs are making more money than the originals they are highly collectable but i see where your coming from their market is in toys its a shame the dont do any for the classic collector 

Archived