Britains 2020 releases

ford man

The new Loadall 542 is out, what a disappointment it looks.  It has the same inferior way of attaching the bucket etc as the New Holland and Case where they clip onto the headstock rather than onto the top of it (like the previous 550-80 and TM310).  The TM420 has a similar system, so not sure why it couldn't be used on this model too.  I've said before that the 420 is a really good handler model for the price (though I'm selling mine and some other bits to try and fund a Claas Scorpion) so am surprised the Loadall 542 hasn't matched it.  In fact, JCBs are usually amongst Britains better models.

Shame.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My 2020 model list is growing, but still no Heritage models, hardly anything really new. Quantity instead of quality?

(*: Variants of existing models, **: ERTL models, *** Announced for 2019, ?: Announced models, not shown in the 2020 catalogue)

43216*      New Holland T8.435 blue power                 Spring/Summer

43241       JCB 541-70 Agri Loadall                                released

43246***  Claas Xerion 5000                                          Autumn/Winter

43248***  John Deere 6120M                                         Autumn/Winter

43249**    John Deere 8RX410                                       released 

43253*      NC slurry tanker green                                  released

43254*      Kane low loader yellow                                 Autumn/Winter

43255       JCB 6T dumper                                              ?

43256*     JCB Fasttrac 4220 75th Anniv. (silver)       ?

43263*     NH TH 7.42 Telehandler                                Spring/Summer

43264       JCB 1 CXT tracked                                         Autumn/Winter

43266       New Holland Square baler                            Autumn/Winter

43267*      baby animal set                                             Spring/Summer

43270*      New Holland CR9.90 45th Anniv. Model   Spring/Summer

43273*      Valtra T245 metallic orange.                       Autumn/Winter

43278*      JCB Fastrac 4220 muddy                            ?

44146**     Case IH 580 Quadtrac                                  ?  released

47019A1** Farm Building Playset with Case               ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I see the NH Blue Power is due in next week ish - looks like minimum of 30 notes buys one!  Cant think its worth that much!!  Another £20-30 buys you a MarGe!!!

2 hours ago, AndyB said:

I see the NH Blue Power is due in next week ish - looks like minimum of 30 notes buys one!  Cant think its worth that much!!  Another £20-30 buys you a MarGe!!!

Tractorium have the Marge T8 BluePower for under €50. That's a decent enough price for a model that would weigh almost 3 times more than the Britains and with lots more detail.

https://modelltraktoren.eshop.t-online.de/epages/Shop43853.mobile/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/Shop43853/Products/MG1705&ViewAction=ViewProduct

20200504_131748.jpg

20200504_131846.jpg

On 12/10/2019 at 5:27 PM, justy 46 said:

The last good tractor Britains done was the JD 6195M..Everything since has been poor enough. I know they are a toy , but they  upped their game a few years back ..espeaciliy when the Heritage range was in full swing. In my own personal view ..i think they have gone backwards again..

Been trying to pull the wheels off one of these 6195M's, and I know I'm not as strong as I was but even with boiling water in behind the hubs I cannot shift them, any ideas please anyone? Fronts too....

3 hours ago, NIGEL FORD said:

Been trying to pull the wheels off one of these 6195M's, and I know I'm not as strong as I was but even with boiling water in behind the hubs I cannot shift them, any ideas please anyone? Fronts too....

One thing about the Britains tractors is that...its very hard to get the rims off. I only ever removed the rims off the Heritage Ford 5000 , 6600 & 7600 and brute strength was the only way Nigel while twisting both rims in the opposite direction.   The rims are threaded with the bar axle and they are deep threads on Britains tractors in general compared to UH and ROS models where a baby could pull them apart. 

15 hours ago, NIGEL FORD said:

Try tyres off Nigel and a pair of plumbers pliers on each rim if you have some and pull and twist outwards,worked when I took a britains mf 7480 apart.Fronts you need a bredle point or nail from the back side of the rim to push at the two small lugs to pop the wheel centre out to reveal the hub screw on most modern britains.

Thanks guys, after a bit of contemplating making a slotted tool to prize the rear hub off I thought I'd try my Xuron track cutters and they worked a treat as they're tapered in 2 plains prizing the hub off the ribs (not threaded, sorry to be pedant! ) didn't even chip the paint which I was expecting and prepared to tolerate as I have paint of course. Fronts no trouble too after your advise Jamie...I see you are from Gosberton, we bought our little FIAT-ALLIS 345 artic loader secondhand from there in '81, a guy called Martin Stanley set up on his own calling his business FENCAT, but went to work later for Fenland tractors (I think ?)  by the  railway crossing on the way out to Whaplode Drove. One day I'm going to convert an Oldcars FR20 into a 345 with Ag tyres as the main of it is similar just a bigger machine in real life.

Meanwhile gotta get the bigger tyred wheels ( though they've got the studding wrong, only 8 not 10) onto a 6215R that Cathy's cousin has and wants a model of, but now I see I'll have to swop chassis too as he wants the front linkage and PTO, I didn't realise how different the cabs are between the M & R series. Thanks again, I haven't pulled a new Britains apart for over 20 years!

Glad it worked out for you Nigel. The modern Britains may have changed a little over the Heritage. This is what I recall with my experience and at the time I replaced the Britains Sankeys with a set of Pre Force 5000 Sankeys that I purchased from yourself for my 4000 & 4600 convos a few years back. ;)

20200510_124116.jpg

20200510_124156.jpg

Cheers Justin,... now having problems trying to change the chassis, I've lifted the cab at the rear after removing the rivet and spread the rear of the chassis after unscrewing the only screw I can see to get the front axle out but the steering column is preventing full cab removal to get the bonnet freed...  the R rear wheels came off much easier as hubs not so thick.

• 2 weeks later...

I see Ertl have their  own version of the Britains Heritage TW-35 on the way. Much the same only minus the front mudguards and mirrors.  It would be a smart move maybe if Britains took their heads outa the clouds now  and done the Gen 2 TWs and 30 Series. What's stopping them when Ertl seem to be putting their moulds to good use.

7 hours ago, justy 46 said:

I see Ertl have their  own version of the Britains Heritage TW-35 on the way. Much the same only minus the front mudguards and mirrors.  It would be a smart move maybe if Britains took their heads outa the clouds now  and done the Gen 2 TWs and 30 Series. What's stopping them when Ertl seem to be putting their moulds to good use.

Would have been interesting to see what Ertl would have turned out in an Precsion 32nd series of the TW Justin, the big Case and Deeres they did were pretty good for the time before the likes of Weise, Marge and UH got a hold in the collector market

10 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Would have been interesting to see what Ertl would have turned out in an Precsion 32nd series of the TW Justin, the big Case and Deeres they did were pretty good for the time before the likes of Weise, Marge and UH got a hold in the collector market

Your right Paul . The Precsion and Heritage range could be combined in order to produce some nice classics. I it seems Britains are just producing toys in various colours now. We have had 4 colour variations on the NC tankers alone..

13 hours ago, justy 46 said:

Your right Paul . The Precsion and Heritage range could be combined in order to produce some nice classics. I it seems Britains are just producing toys in various colours now. We have had 4 colour variations on the NC tankers alone..

True Justin, i mean there was only the 3 versions of the old Marstons trailer,  making the use of the tooling these days seems to be the norm..... but not just with Britains....

2 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

True Justin, i mean there was only the 3 versions of the old Marstons trailer,  making the use of the tooling these days seems to be the norm..... but not just with Britains....

in whats a relatively small market compared to other toys and models, you cant blame them paul ,its how they make some cash, less tooling and development = higher returns .a different coat of paint and decals costs nothing really .

On 5/23/2020 at 8:55 AM, Tractorman810 said:

in whats a relatively small market compared to other toys and models, you cant blame them paul ,its how they make some cash, less tooling and development = higher returns .a different coat of paint and decals costs nothing really .

Yes I have to say, often I don’t think they milk them as much as they could. 

so many missed opportunities in the world of Britains!

Will in one since as I said already...they missed the opportunity to continue on producing the Heritage big Ford's and they could have also gone to the 10 Series Gen 1 from the 6600 and 7600 by producing a new bonnet only and even but a 4wd axle under them for County FOURs. You can be sure UH done it with the big Ford's as did Marge..

Archived