1/32 Hilux conversion

5 hours ago, dr-abich said:

looks nice. With little bit of rust which is common unfortunately on Japanese cars will be extra realistic ;)

I've seen rust on German cars only 2 or 3 years old.. Japanese cars had rust issues back in the 80's.. Every car will rust after a while..One thing I will say about Japanese cars over their European competition..is that they are far more reliable..

6 hours ago, dr-abich said:

looks nice. With little bit of rust which is common unfortunately on Japanese cars will be extra realistic ;)

1 hour ago, justy 46 said:

I've seen rust on German cars only 2 or 3 years old.. Japanese cars had rust issues back in the 80's.. Every car will rust after a while..One thing I will say about Japanese cars over their European competition..is that they are far more reliable..

Thanks Dominik :) 

Yeh, to be fair most cars rust but the older hiluxes seem to be prone to it but the are bloody good trucks. Japanese engineering ;)

1 hour ago, Ferret90 said:

Thanks Dominik :) 

Yeh, to be fair most cars rust but the older hiluxes seem to be prone to it but the are bloody good trucks. Japanese engineering ;)

Remember the episode of TopGear a few years ago...The just could not kill the dam thing..:D

must of been tricky ferret making the curved ifor top but does look good on the old hilux.

we got an old 07 year HiAce van,great d-4d engine same as the hilux shame Toyota have lost there way a bit partnering up with Peugeot and some daft styling on there cars,the hilux and new celica are the best things they sell now

3 hours ago, Fenside MF said:

must of been tricky ferret making the curved ifor top but does look good on the old hilux.

we got an old 07 year HiAce van,great d-4d engine same as the hilux shame Toyota have lost there way a bit partnering up with Peugeot and some daft styling on there cars,the hilux and new celica are the best things they sell now

The Celica is discontinued now with a while ..The GT86 is the car that basicly replaced the Celica & the Supra is also back from.the dead. BUT it's more a BMW Z4 underneath by all accounts.

.The Hi Lux is nice..only the 2.4 L version don't seem to have the pulling power . The  3.0L is a far better option .

23 hours ago, Fenside MF said:

Thanks :) the hardest thing was trying to get it to stay in shape. I've got two tabs that clip on the inside which helps and keeps it on the truck. I didn't realise they have partnered up with Peugeot :o

10 hours ago, Awdmac said:

Hilux has turned out well Ted, great job. Very effective, rust and shut lines give it a realistic edge, some nice touches there.;)

4 hours ago, Stabliofarmer said:

Like that alot Ted, going to have to get one ordered for the shearing gang

Cheers lads :) 

Archived