Scaledown T17 Fordson E27N  1946

20 hours ago, alf aphid said:

Looking good have you sourced the paint yet?

I've got Fordson Oxford Blue (Midnight blue.) from Nigel at Scaledown but it has been to cold to spray at the moment so it is still in it's primer coat.

IMG_7707x.jpg.e2d5e7ddfce0cd653289d95028b262a6.jpg

37 minutes ago, GPS said:

Kieran, are you using an airbrush or can?. I'm interested in how scaledown enamel tins are for use in an airbrush... I have one I've never used.

Scaledowns own enamel paints go perfectly through an air brush, just thin it down with thinners until it flows through the airbrush. I have used loads it the past through mine.

3 hours ago, GPS said:

Kieran, are you using an airbrush or can?. I'm interested in how scaledown enamel tins are for use in an airbrush... I have one I've never used.

I use Halfords cans for primers but use an airbrush to do the top coats.  As Chris stated, just thin the enamel paint with thinners and build up the colour with a number of coats. With the current climate I would leave 24 hrs between coats.

Archived