New 1/32 Universal Hobbies in 2020

AJH

so far i have not seen one where the tow bar is even level ,bar their own pre release pics. all the ones on ebay certainly face upwards, mines at such an angle its tip is nearly 1/2  to 3/4 of the way up the main chassis’s thickness .

send him my pics, i would say somethings gone wrong between the sample and pre release pics and the actual production run, yes the tow bars did move forwards and backwards length wise, but not angle up or down height wise 

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have had several Weeks trailers over the years and still have two now. Never have I known the drawbar to be adjustable, in fact, as the picture of ours shows, there is no way it can be shortened, lengthened, turned upside down or anything else that UH are saying. In my opinion, they have got it wrong and Mr Coron needs to actually get out and look at some real trailers before he starts defending their cock up

WP_20200323_18_14_31_Pro.jpg

i always thought they were adjustable length wise, although i was just looking at a brochure and noticed it was fraser ones that were, so i class my self as a pillock now :D either way the uh ones not right in its final run, even if the pre production pics they posted are 

You are right John, they weren't adjustable. I wonder if Monsieur C misunderstands Kieran's email and is referring to the tractor drawbar.  The brochure photos he has sent are of bigger and newer trailers.

I got the 880 with maize header.  It looks like the 860 is a later build as it has the nicer dark grey wheel hubs, I never did like the claas green hubs that the early 800s and Lexion combines had, made the machines look tacky imo.   Its a shame they couldnt include both grass and maize headers with both models released todate. I specifically wanted the maize header version but it would have been nice to have both heads.

2 hours ago, bluegreen said:

I got the 880 with maize header.  It looks like the 860 is a later build as it has the nicer dark grey wheel hubs, I never did like the claas green hubs that the early 800s and Lexion combines had, made the machines look tacky imo.   Its a shame they couldnt include both grass and maize headers with both models released todate. I specifically wanted the maize header version but it would have been nice to have both heads.

Agree here, also green spout instead of white 

14 hours ago, WillTEF20 said:

Side track to the Weeks trailer topic, have just seen this on Facebook. No idea of release date or numbers but looks very interesting, hopefully more modern versions will appear!

30E5EB57-C0A4-4FB0-A1BB-31D323B514EB.jpeg

Available on claas website tomo! 

UH Weeks Trailer  

I found this Parts Manual for sale, I wonder if anyone has the full manual to see if there is any mention of a moveable toe bar.  I have emailed  Philippe Coron again and I await his reply. 

482738792_WeeksPartsManual.JPG.67f6c4baa995082e788a8dac25fdf699.JPG

1 hour ago, Kirely said:

UH Weeks Trailer  

I found this Parts Manual for sale, I wonder if anyone has the full manual to see if there is any mention of a moveable toe bar.  I have emailed  Philippe Coron again and I await his reply. 

Thank's for that heads up Kieran,fair few manuals on this site,Includeing Weeks,But that drawbar looks pretty permanent to me,It has two toeing eye's,But that's all,

https://www.agrimanuals.com/trailer--feeder-wagon-manuals-241-c.asp

Regards

Joe.

Weeks A.jpg

Weeks B.jpg

4 hours ago, Kirely said:

UH Weeks Trailer  

You might send that to the so called experts ( or twats) at UH..:D

I got a reply from the General Manager, Universal Hobbies,

Thanks for your email and I have misunderstood what was a”toe Bar” as I thought it was the moving gear part on top of the support which is actually the manual brake.

Sorry for my poor English.

Correct the toe bar is facing upwards on our model as we needed to be able to attach that trailer with many different tractors and keeping the toe bar horizontal could not allow us to fit that trailer with all of our existing tractors.

Regarding the model on display during Agritechnica it is exactly the same toe bar as on the production model as it was the signed sample for production. Maybe the angle of the photo makes you believe it was horizontal but it was exactly same as right now as it was made from the tooling.

I think that this is especially frustrating as this topic started because Sean bought one of these trailers and then found that it would not attach to the towing hitch of the tractor because it pointed in the wrong direction. Now UH seem to be saying that they made it that way so that it WOULD attach to the tractor when clearly, it won't.

I think that Super6 might well be right!

9 hours ago, Kirely said:

I got a reply from the General Manager, Universal Hobbies,

Thanks for your email and I have misunderstood what was a”toe Bar” as I thought it was the moving gear part on top of the support which is actually the manual brake.

Sorry for my poor English.

Correct the toe bar is facing upwards on our model as we needed to be able to attach that trailer with many different tractors and keeping the toe bar horizontal could not allow us to fit that trailer with all of our existing tractors.

Regarding the model on display during Agritechnica it is exactly the same toe bar as on the production model as it was the signed sample for production. Maybe the angle of the photo makes you believe it was horizontal but it was exactly same as right now as it was made from the tooling.

perhaps we need to take a set of pics of the trailer on the older stuff,and  prove them wrong ,you are more than welcome to send him my 2 on the mf 240 , same will happen on the mf 35,135 they have done the chassis are much the same size ..you shouldn't really  need to break a model for it to be right.if i get a chance i will put it on some others ,like a 590  ford 5000, all non modified .

Is it worth any prominent members of the forum arranging a meeting with UH and suggesting that when new machinery models are produced that prototypes are provided as samples. Then they can be offered up against tractors for compatibility. For example I have a UH Amazone plough which is fantastic but I'll need to modify the linkage to get it to fit my tractors. Just a simple suggestion from a simple engineer on a Friday afternoon.

11 minutes ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Andy at Classic's version of the Weeks 3.5t Popular that i've just brought out of storage, photo's of drawbar for reference... ;) 

IMG_7723.JPG

IMG_7724.JPG

Take note UH...this is how to make a classic trailer.!!:D Home craftsmanship vs Chinese shortcuts..

Archived