What's your latest Farm/Construction buy 2020

robbo

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its a great model, buy one Gary:)

I remember trying to flog Cambridge CASE dealer Collings Bros a two way radio system way back in about 1993 and doing a few demos for Ray Runciman the then Managing Director.

I didn't get a sale but I did get info on where lots of Axial Flow combines lived.  GW Topham at Eltisley were his biggest customer and had 4 of the old 1680s back then, combining 3 to 4000 acres of rape and heavy wheat crops. I enjoyed watching them roar across the field with their very distinctive engine sound, although most of the time you could barely see them through the clouds of chopped straw dust!!  And a few years later they swapped to 4 off the 2188 models, all equipped with 22 ft headers and that wonderful curved styled cab which still looks really good some 25 years on.  The 2188 is a modern classic, no arguments and UH have done it justice.  However it could do with a little weathering,  the silver/steel paint will be visiting that header auger this coming weekend I suspect:D

1 hour ago, bluegreen said:

I remember trying to flog Cambridge CASE dealer Collings Bros a two way radio system way back in about 1993 and doing a few demos for Ray Runciman the then Managing Director.

I didn't get a sale but I did get info on where lots of Axial Flow combines lived.  GW Topham at Eltisley were his biggest customer and had 4 of the old 1680s back then, combining 3 to 4000 acres of rape and heavy wheat crops. I enjoyed watching them roar across the field with their very distinctive engine sound, although most of the time you could barely see them through the clouds of chopped straw dust!!  And a few years later they swapped to 4 off the 2188 models, all equipped with 22 ft headers and that wonderful curved styled cab which still looks really good some 25 years on.  The 2188 is a modern classic, no arguments and UH have done it justice.  However it could do with a little weathering,  the silver/steel paint will be visiting that header auger this coming weekend I suspect:D

I went to Topham’s around 1990, a bloke I was working for had family next door to them, and we went for a snout round. They had 5 Deutz combines back them. Remember my jaw hitting the floor when the doors on the shed were opened. Probably was their last season before they went case.

2 hours ago, bluegreen said:

Ok..I'll start saving  ha ha!..I better not let the mrs see the new class 98 classic on it's way! !

1 hour ago, chris.watson said:

I went to Topham’s around 1990, a bloke I was working for had family next door to them, and we went for a snout round. They had 5 Deutz combines back them. Remember my jaw hitting the floor when the doors on the shed were opened. Probably was their last season before they went case.

5 Deutz! What a line up that would have been! I still love to see them, they are very thin on the ground nowadays, saw a lovely tidy 5690 last year.

DF are very poorly represented in model form.

these 2 came today via brushwood toys,also if anybody wants a universal hobbies amazone cayron plough they are available through the amazone fan shop,but i had trouble with the site accepting payment,so a call to amazone uk although again you cant order it direct from them,but the nice lady said to ring my nearest amazone dealer and place the order with them,i got it for just over £27.00 pounds and mason kings didnt charge me for postage,dont know why,but like i said if anybody wants one they are a bargain at the moment,a lot of amazone models have 10% off at the moment,cheapest i could find on the net for the cayron was £48.00 so quite a saving

IMG_0538.JPG

42 minutes ago, Paul Palmer said:

these 2 came today via brushwood toys,also if anybody wants a universal hobbies amazone cayron plough they are available through the amazone fan shop,but i had trouble with the site accepting payment,so a call to amazone uk although again you cant order it direct from them,but the nice lady said to ring my nearest amazone dealer and place the order with them,i got it for just over £27.00 pounds and mason kings didnt charge me for postage,dont know why,but like i said if anybody wants one they are a bargain at the moment,a lot of amazone models have 10% off at the moment,cheapest i could find on the net for the cayron was £48.00 so quite a saving

IMG_0538.JPG

Am torn between I’d love that drill and I’ve enough drills :D 

14 minutes ago, Paul Palmer said:

not took it out of the box yet Ben,but seen it on youtube by agri models ,looks a great drill and can be seperated from the power harrow,worth having a look at

I brought one back from agritechnica for my mate so seen it first hand and it’s a cracker, went for the Kuhn one at the time  as that’s what we run on the farm 

22 hours ago, CX820Joe said:

5 Deutz! What a line up that would have been! I still love to see them, they are very thin on the ground nowadays, saw a lovely tidy 5690 last year.

Yes Collings bros used to be Deutz before going CASE dealers (may be going back again too)  I think they sold quite a few 3610, 3640s locally but no match for axial flows in heavy wheat crops around that part of Cambridgeshire.  I remember Ray Runciman of Collings sold Tophams  4x AF 1680s,  4x Maxxum 5150s, 3x Magnum 7110s and 3x Magnum 7140s in 1992!!  The Magnum 7140s pulled 10 furrow Dowdeswell ploughs and ran with rear dual wheels on proper mans land!!  The Magnums were 246hp rated and too think old Donkey on Grassmen got excited last year when a modern day JD6250R pulled an 8 furrow Kverneland plough on reasonable land:lol:

On 7/28/2020 at 11:28 PM, CX820Joe said:

Agree with you about the lack of older Deutz combines. I used to drive a 35.80,  on the old “D” reg. 14 foot header if I remember rightly.

dommy arrived yesterday, although i didn't know, the dyslexic  ups guy left it in a neighbours porch, at 111 not mine at 101 didnt knock ring their bell or anything, luckily she does know us and was baffled why we hadnt gone up to get it, would have had we known :D

C2CCBD19-864B-4286-81D1-8913472318BB.jpeg

pantera arrived today,wow,what a model,great detail and looks the business,only thing one screw is missing and so this stay is flapping around,and the screw was not in the box,but hopefully i have one in my parts box,and Joe(catkom3) your right no way am i going to get a driver in the cab

IMG_0552.JPG

IMG_0563.JPG

IMG_0560.JPG

IMG_0561.JPG

The sprayer is a stunner Paul.

I got this today, I am not the biggest Deere fan but thought I'd see what the 8RX looked like in the flesh, and it was just under £50.  Very good model for a Britains, am impressed. 

20200731_184322.jpg

Beautiful model paul..great to read positive comments and catching the feel good vibes there!

Flagship model??  

Thou shalt not covet

Thou shalt not covet

Thou shalt not covet:lol:

Archived