What's your latest Farm/Construction buy 2020

robbo

10 hours ago, L33 DA17ON said:

I've never been. But with having a herlumann at work as the big tractor that cuts all the sports fields.i had to send a lad up there he said its a pain of a place to get to. In the middle of nowhere Screenshot_20200906-212640_Instagram.thumb.jpg.76ce771e1171e5bc76fee921b5352ea2.jpg

Aye, it can take a bit of finding if you've never been before, the place certainly seems to live up to it's name!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just took a bit of a punt on a pewter Ford 7810, the one Basildon issued with new tractors in 1989 - does anyone know what they are worth?  This one looks a little bent in places - might need to get it restored.....

25 minutes ago, AndyB said:

Just took a bit of a punt on a pewter Ford 7810, the one Basildon issued with new tractors in 1989 - does anyone know what they are worth?  This one looks a little bent in places - might need to get it restored.....

Its actually a 6410....didnt know they were made....  Can anyone pluck anything out of their memory banks?:D

There is an earlier thread on the forum about the pewter Fords, way back in the past that gives a lot of background. I can’t search at the moment, but can try later.

Several different models were produced including TW’s, as you say , to give to buyers of that particular model. Each has the registration number of the real tractor on it ( if I remember correctly).

Some were also produced to pass as gifts, and don’t have registration numbers.

I have one of each type, but as you say, they are fragile, especially the hand rails, steps and exhausts. Mine all have various bits missing.

Even with damage they seem to go for high prices, into the 100’s.

I’ll try and add some photos at the weekend.

14 minutes ago, GPS said:

There is an earlier thread on the forum about the pewter Fords, way back in the past that gives a lot of background. I can’t search at the moment, but can try later.

Several different models were produced including TW’s, as you say , to give to buyers of that particular model. Each has the registration number of the real tractor on it ( if I remember correctly).

Some were also produced to pass as gifts, and don’t have registration numbers.

I have one of each type, but as you say, they are fragile, especially the hand rails, steps and exhausts. Mine all have various bits missing.

Even with damage they seem to go for high prices, into the 100’s.

I’ll try and add some photos at the weekend.

Thanks Gavin, since the post I have found out that there is a registration on the model and it will come with a certificate - even got a picture of the tractor all be it not showing the reg number.  Good provinance since the guy who sold it had the tractor from new, so a genuine one.

4 hours ago, Paul Palmer said:

it turned up today,bought on the 4th of september and arrived on the 8th,so not bad considering it came from France,seems to be all safe and no damage

IMG_0763.JPG

I sort of regret not buying that when I had the chance, though I do want to improve the Fendt/MF hybrid combines so will stick with them.

Glad it has arrived ok for you, I ordered something else of them myself over the weekend so hopeall ok with that too.

19 hours ago, CX820Joe said:

I sort of regret not buying that when I had the chance, though I do want to improve the Fendt/MF hybrid combines so will stick with them.

Glad it has arrived ok for you, I ordered something else of them myself over the weekend so hopeall ok with that too.

due to lack of space the days of me getting lexions with 45 foot headers has gone Joe,smaller gear for me except for the new holland t8 and t9

1 hour ago, Paul Palmer said:

and me just saying that about bigger gear:D this came today from claas dealers Hambleys,their service manager lives in the same village as me and so he brought it out,and only £48.00 sometimes it is cheaper from a dealer,this will go with the T8.435

IMG_0768.JPG

Might go ok with the T9 as well Paul?

3 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

Well i am a happy bunny now. Always regretted not getting one so when it came up i had to , dads tractors 5 ton ransomes trailer 

43E255C9-02D1-4723-864B-26B4F0E80FC3.jpeg

90C48218-97ED-463A-99D8-574F8BEBA2B4.jpeg

4ACB9730-E75A-4148-883E-20343FBC13EF.jpeg

Take note off the drawbar....UH !! :D

That's a nice little trailer. 

I haven’t purchased anything since the show at the Bath & West at the end of January, what with no shows being on and eBay not like it used to be, but I have just got this from Brushwood using some vouchers that I had forgotten i had. Always like a nice little 2wd

FCD7DBC2-EE03-474E-A056-24235FE4B2D2.jpeg

4 hours ago, Paul Palmer said:

what bargains Janval

Part of me regrets not bidding on the rest of the Case, the other part of me dreads the fact that shipping+VAT triples the invoice :lol: 

Still good value tho.

Edit: Roughly translates into £29.6 per model all taxes and shipping included. So it's not bad at all. Would cost med more double or more + shipping if I were to buy them within the country.

Archived