Ferrets Collection

Ferret90

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, justy 46 said:

I think European, not sure were they French or German build. Probably the equivalent off the Doncaster built 885XL.

1 hour ago, 844john said:

Certainly did Ted...we still have two of them;) Much heavier built than the 885 with the same back end as the 9/1056

Ok cheers guys yes I just couldn’t find any photos of ones in over here, not my area of expertise internationals, good to here you’ve still got two of them in action John :) 

Ours are both Case IH liveried versions Ted, my Father has a '90 model which was built in Germany, the one here is one of the latter ones built in '93 in Doncaster, they are both still good tractors, but I do think my father's has the edge on build quality

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing as your a bit of a Landy man Ted there was a bloke not far from Bulith Wells who put landy front axles under fergys and dexta's, he made his own sandwich box to go between gearbox and back end that used bits of a Range Rovers chain driven transfer box, then used a longer prop to take the drive forward to the axle, i not sure how many he did or if the ratios worked out right so it didnt wind itself up but a use of old parts non the less

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Seeing as your a bit of a Landy man Ted there was a bloke not far from Bulith Wells who put landy front axles under fergys and dexta's, he made his own sandwich box to go between gearbox and back end that used bits of a Range Rovers chain driven transfer box, then used a longer prop to take the drive forward to the axle, i not sure how many he did or if the ratios worked out right so it didnt wind itself up but a use of old parts non the less

That’s interesting, must have taken a fair bit of work to cobble that all together. Like you say good use of old parts, I suppose 4wd would have been rare back then. I wonder if there’s still any around :)

• Like 1

On 3/18/2020 at 10:12 AM, Ferret90 said:

That’s interesting, must have taken a fair bit of work to cobble that all together. Like you say good use of old parts, I suppose 4wd would have been rare back then. I wonder if there’s still any around :)

I've seen some of these at various shows in the not to distant past. Not necessarily built by the man Paul mentions but quite possibly!

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Janval said:

Nice thread, I am on the lookout for some Atlas models myself (pondering whether they're worth the hassle), good to see some of them converted for measure :) Which donor did you use for the 4wd Fergie?

For the price there a nice model, the Fergusons. Very light and but detailed.  I also have an atlas international and a french one but there flimsy and awful quality. The 4wd is an atlas with wheels from a Britains dumper and parts off a 1/35 italiari Land Rover kit.
Here’s an atlas one and a UH one for size...76D6ED4F-AB6C-4DFB-9362-09B00F24991D.thumb.jpeg.f8c14d6795cf774fcea38d2771000069.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...