MAN Livestock truck

Look good - ramp a bit steep though - would get rid of one of the axles as I cannot think of anyone around here with a 6x2 or 6x4 cattle lorry

A 6x2 / 6x4 flatbed would be handy on straw or haylage though.

Look good - ramp a bit steep though - would get rid of one of the axles as I cannot think of anyone around here with a 6x2 or 6x4 cattle lorry

got loads of 6x4 / 6x2's running round this part of the country, got the boxes on for the winter then go flats for the summer , usually have a trailer though , nice truck  ;)

Until you couldn't get into some yards with it  ;D:D;D:D

I bet you're a pleasure to deal with, do you have a minus sign on top of your head like the NEGATIVE pole on a battery??  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D  ;)

looks good 4c, wounder were the cattle top came from?? and half the tractor unit?

there are more 6wheelers on stock bodies than 4x2 round here, not many pull trailers either, they use artics instead.  i think it looks better for the extra axle, 4c is hoping to make a pair of 4x2 magmums to use some spare cabs up out of the spares we have gathered together.

Did you not know by now that I'm mister doom and gloom :D :D ;)

sorry mate ,i beat you to it , my CB handle for years has been Mr Misery :D :D :D

As for getting into tight yards i used to drive a Volvo FL7 bulk blower 6 wheeler ,  but it was the same length as our ERF 8 wheelers  & you'd be surprised where they'll go when you got a good driver , when i moved up to an 8 wheeler i used to dread some of the farms that said '6wheeler only' on the delivery tickets  but you'd still get in there. when hauling for mole valley farmers with the FL i was the test driver for 'new' customers ,as MVF only ran 8's so i used to do the first load in to see if the farm was suitable for delivery vehicles , i also had twice as many pipes than the others  as farmers seem to put the bins in some pretty in-accessable places .

on the 'new customer' sheets i'd fill out id write in all the relevant info to be kept in the office as a reference for the transport manager.

farmers name  : Mr T Urd

farm name      ; Sh!tflick Corner

farm access    ; good / bad

bin access      ; good / bad

bins              ; bulk / parlour / tipped

vehicle access ; 6 /8 wheeler only

pipes            ; 6

driver            ; MJB

vehicle reg    ;E509UTJ

Years ago we used to say 6 or 8 wheelers only - no artics, as the bin for sheep feed was tucked away. In error an artic with steering rear axle came in and swung round in one, in the same sapce the rigids had to take a few cuts at  :o

Nice work there 4C, 6 wheels suit it better. You'll struggle to find a decent 4 wheeler on cattle haulage these days so you have got it right, a three axle underslung drawbar trailer really would polish it off nicely though. Given the shape of thecab, thought about making a little ERF badge for it by any chance? That would really set it off and add to the personal touches plenty!!!

An interesting point about the drawbar and rigid combination was in the Irish Farmer's Journal this week - seemingly they shouldn't be any more than 18.75m in length by law and a Carlow haulier is being brought to court over it.  :-\

if you look back a while ago 4c posted some picks of a scania livestock lorry with a double axle rear drawbar trailer, he made this man as an experiment to use bits up and i belive its forsale or going on ebay. he plans to make 2 more using merc cabs to sell