Valley Axeman's 32nd scale Nuffs and Leylands

7 minutes ago, GPS said:

Those look great Paul. I’ve found I really enjoy building Scaledown kits, I think a Nuffield could be next on the list.

Cheers Gavin :) i've only tackled the odd one myself, there's a 10/60 sat part built that maybe i should get on with whilst i've a bit more time on my hands 

15 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Loader tractor or Bray Smithy?? Cheers, be good to see :)

its a loader tractor ,if I remember rightly the loader is exactly the same as on your model , I will try to see him in next few days and get a photo 

• Like 1

Very nice Paul.  My boss has one off them BMC  4/25s . He uses it to run a power washer around the yard off the pto and it pulls a little cart with a water tank up on it. It's a tidy little set up. I must get a pic next time he had it out. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, justy 46 said:

Very nice Paul.  My boss has one off them BMC  4/25s . He uses it to run a power washer around the yard off the pto and it pulls a little cart with a water tank up on it. It's a tidy little set up. I must get a pic next time he had it out. 

Cheers Justin :), some of the folk on here know ive a few 32nd ones besides the 16ths, thought happen it was time i shared them abit....  that be cracking, feel free to post when you get chance to grab a photo ;) the 4/25's and 154' s and even laterly the 302's and 132's are under rated tractors, much of a muchness to a TE20 they compact nimble and light, handy for all the jobs something much bigger is too heavy for, i know where theres a 302 sat sitting but its too much coin for the amount of work it needs it spent most of its life on the Isle of Man and is a bit rusty to say the least, there is a better one local, thats a later Marshall model, but again the 302 appeared in a few guise's, the prototype started as 184 leyland in  leyland blue, then the harvest gold of Leyland, then Marshall but was also available in white as the Nickerson TurfMaster, when it was dropped from Marshalls range under Charles Nickersons ownership,  the replacement 132's are in essance an IMT badge engineered.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smithy said:

Good to see you 1/32 collection , you have certainly got a few hidden away that are now seeing daylight :)

Cheers Smithy :) like i say theres a few about that some folk know i have but i tended to stick to the 16ths as it seemed to be the direction my main model spending went, i do still get the odd 32nd model or two but not like i used to when i had no brand loyalty.... guess i've always had this underlaying affliction to Nuffield, Leyland and Marshall though ;) maybe its an incurable virus like corona.......

• Haha 2

On 5/1/2020 at 6:15 AM, Valley Axe Man said:

A Dad's Tractors built Nuffield 460 with Horndraulic loader 

IMG_7916.JPG

That's a fantastic model, really like it..  Its put my Nuffield collection into place, only seven models and one in the box still to be made.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Kirely said:

That's a fantastic model, really like it..  Its put my Nuffield collection into place, only seven models and one in the box still to be made.

Thanks Kieran :), but hey don't put your own collection down, what you have is the makings of a fine collection yourself ;) theres still time for yours to grow yet, mines been on the go as it were for the last 12 years at least, maybe getting on towards 15.... 

• Like 1

Brilliant Paul. Lots of rarities amongst them that makes for a fantastic collection. We've seen the odd one on your displays but it's a treat to see them all together. I agree with Kieran, the 4/60 and horndraulic is a cracker. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mb86 said:

Brilliant Paul. Lots of rarities amongst them that makes for a fantastic collection. We've seen the odd one on your displays but it's a treat to see them all together. I agree with Kieran, the 4/60 and horndraulic is a cracker. 

Cheers Martin :) think the problem with this route of collecting is that there isn't the scope the same as you Ford men have on the basis of other models to add to the collection, yes theres a good few gaps due to suitable donors or suitable run with a good scratch builder,  the most notible other uses of the Nuffield/Leyland skid are the JCB's as well as the leyland engined early 520 loadalls, and the Leyland Skid unit based Coventry Climax forklifts. There's more to come with a few more gems (plus a few rough diamonds) and a couple of tractors that have a lot of sentiment attached