Valley Axeman's 32nd scale Nuffs and Leylands

2 hours ago, justy 46 said:

I never knew you had so many 1/32 little gems Paul..Keep them coming..!;)

Cheers Justin ;) aye there's a few... some a little rough some rather polished but all will get a photo or two posted for the forum to see :)

so here's another to add a bit of something different in the shape of a Leyland Tandem.... there was a one built in a farm workshop that featured in Classic Tractor quite a few year back, this one based on a pair of Dave Towse 272's  just to have something a little bit different 

IMG_7965.JPG

IMG_7966.JPG

IMG_7967.JPG

• Like 8

Nice one Paul. I remember the first time that I met Phil Hairsine at the Myerscough College show and I had a good chat with him about his potato set up, a really ice down to earth chap.

I have also got a Marshall 100 that I got from Barry last year at Penrith but I have no idea who built it, it is a really smart model though

• Like 1

2 hours ago, robbo said:

Nice one Paul. I remember the first time that I met Phil Hairsine at the Myerscough College show and I had a good chat with him about his potato set up, a really ice down to earth chap.

I have also got a Marshall 100 that I got from Barry last year at Penrith but I have no idea who built it, it is a really smart model though

Cheers Mike :), oh aye That was Phil, he'd come and do the Myrescough shows and have a couple of days in Blackpool before going back to work, Your Model is one of Martyns too, he did a second batch mid to end of last year, i'm missing a 2wd version in my collection as Phils one joined my own 100 as well as the 125 i'd also bought off Martyn down at Toytrac which could have been back in 2010

The trio i have

IMG_7903.JPG

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, jmd said:

good to see some of phils models again paul he was a brilliant model builder and converter and a cracking fella too

Thanks John :) over the years there been a few good men disappear, i'll have to look think there should be some better photo's of the Whitsted and some of Phil's Countys.... Stuart Borthwick has one of only 2 of Phil's 804's the other is in a cabinet at Robs with the Whitsted and a few of his builds that Rob and Sally knew were special to him.  First photo was taken at Garstang, next to him (behind he camera) would be Roy, another top bloke and great model builder

Edited by Valley Axe Man
  • Like 1

not 32nd but 43rd, little Steyr Marshall 944 by conrad, its believed there are two versions of this tractor, think the other version has grey wheels..... but interestingly there is a known 3rd version, @NIGEL FORD did a very small run of possibly 3 of the Marshall Exclusiv (Launch model painted purple) and used this tractor as a base model for his conversion. i'd love to own one of those but be rarer than hens teeth...... anyhows one can live in hope of one day finding one :)

IMG_7974.JPG

IMG_7976.JPG

• Like 7

10/60 4/65 and 384 4wd conversions, in real life the 10/60 and 4/65 versions were Cantatore conversions named 4/70 and 4/76 respectively, i dont think they ever did any conversions on the 384's but a few enthusiasts have converted both 4/65's and 384's to 4wd using the later scrap skid units of the 462/472 or 604/704, Joe Dobson done a few now as has Graham Hill although Graham liked using Climax Forklift Skids as they were more abundant in the scrap yards around him, but the best one i know of was built by two good friends Ian (Big Tam) and his lad Martin, They used an 804 skid and kept the turbo so its a 384/4t same time of build they also put a "H" set of gears into a 4/65...... i've driven that tractor and it isnt frightened to pick its feet up on the road... both legends in their own right, sadly Ian is no longer with us but his tractors live on with Martin

IMG_8008.JPG

IMG_8009.JPG

IMG_8010.JPG

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, 844john said:

Very nice Paul, is that Joe from up our way?

Aye think it be the same one, over the back of  Stanhope, he's just spraying up a 482 at present and making a real tidy job of it, he's sold a few off lately, 4/65, 272, and a cables 472 and bought a 262 

12 hours ago, 844john said:

I like those last two very much Paul

I've a couple more cabbed ones John, though unfortunatley i didnt get all the variants, think the 348 and 344 that i have are the standard versions but were also available with 14x30's on the 384 and 11x32's on the 344, like wise the 255 (11x28's and 11x32's) and 270 (12x36's and 14x30's) in fact i dont owneither of the 255's but have both of the 270's will get photo's ;)

12 hours ago, alf aphid said:

Yes I too really must get the scaledowns!  Now where did I leave my pot of gold ?

Haha Alastair, if you find it.... :D  i dont thint the Scale down built Leylands are bad money although there are only certain versions left now... 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jmd said:

you keep finding them paul i thought your collection was 16th mainly now but you've a fair lot of 32nd:)

Aye john, its mainly 16th but i've had these a few years just sat away,  its more a case i dont buy that much 32nd these days... though would still buy the right ones if they came along :)

• Like 3