Valley Axeman's 32nd scale Nuffs and Leylands

On 7/25/2020 at 3:22 PM, Stabliofarmer said:

Finally found time to have a proper look through these. Some very lovely little models you've got Paul, particularly a fan of the Brays, and that Scandinavian doe is a very unusual and nicely finished model, unlike most 'doe' models that feature a big lump of metal, and screw and copious amounts of super glue. It's interesting to see how conversions and scratchbuilds have changed slightly overtime too, with the availability of more and more spare parts, wheels etc. Just shows that Mr Hairsine was really very far ahead of the game with his scratchbuilds as they'd stand up perfectly against anything anyone producing today!

Cheers James, thanks for the kind words, yep though i think there is still a few more winch tractors needed in the collection, your right about how things have moved on though, even in the progress of yourself over the years on here, there's alot gone one in the progress of a lot of folk's work including one or two dark horses too.... Phil was a happy as a pig in the proverbial if he was on with a project, didn't have to be flash or fancy but it always seemed to turn out how it did, maybe a natural talent or just good at what he did.... he'll never be forgotten though :)

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
5 hours ago, justy 46 said:

John is gifted Paul. They are very smart and neat looking models.. 

He is that Justin.. very much so, a modest man with a great talent... The photos don't do the models justice... I'd recommend to anyone to try and have at least one of John's builds in their collection... Well worth every penny 👍

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jmd said:

stunning Paul, is the 804 for you or Gemma though😄

Shhh don't say owt but could be part of her Valentine's gifts... But yes you hit the nail on the head they are stunning builds, I'm sure Dave will like one down in the cabinet if John agrees 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, smithy said:

Very nice Paul ,i picked up one of mine on friday ,other one should be in next week , my first thought was why such a big box 

Cheers Smithy, yep your right, massive boxes for a relatively small model... Still not got them unboxed yet but I think they be a good job  👍

• Like 2

20 hours ago, smithy said:

Very nice Paul ,i picked up one of mine on friday ,other one should be in next week , my first thought was why such a big box 

My thought too smithy they look like 1/64 scale models in a 32 scale box

• Like 3