Roadless Logmaster

Thanks Paul, I've wanted to do one for a while now, especially as it was based on an international skid unit, getting the book from Smithy has sort of rekindled my interest. Hopefully it shouldn't be a long build as it's relatively straightforward. The biggest problem is that I also like the look of the Roadless production model Logmaster.....no doubt judging by my track record one of those will appear on my bench at some point!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, 844john said:

Thanks Paul, I've wanted to do one for a while now, especially as it was based on an international skid unit, getting the book from Smithy has sort of rekindled my interest. Hopefully it shouldn't be a long build as it's relatively straightforward. The biggest problem is that I also like the look of the Roadless production model Logmaster.....no doubt judging by my track record one of those will appear on my bench at some point!

Nothing shabby about that plan... neither skidder is something seen in model form so again your on the case (pardon the pun to the Nahes) Well done for taking up the idea, look forward to seeing them take shape John :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Me likey! 

Very nice start, all that curved pipe work for the frame looks like a horrid job to do, certainly don't envy you. I assume it's a flash of a lighter under the plastic and quickly bend it type of job? Or have you got a better/more reliable technique? 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, GPS said:

Great work there John. I found a magazine article recently on the Roadless Logmaster and had a talk to Ian at Tab models about producing one.

Thanks Gavin, yes I've always thought they would look well in model form, I'd better get my skates on and get mine done before Ian does!:D

20 hours ago, Stabliofarmer said:

Me likey! 

Very nice start, all that curved pipe work for the frame looks like a horrid job to do, certainly don't envy you. I assume it's a flash of a lighter under the plastic and quickly bend it type of job? Or have you got a better/more reliable technique? 

cheers James! Actually, I quite enjoyed building the frame, but it was a little tricky to keep both sides the same length and the curves the same size and angle, but we got there! I'm afraid there's no fancy technique, just the lighter:)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 844john said:

cheers James! Actually, I quite enjoyed building the frame, but it was a little tricky to keep both sides the same length and the curves the same size and angle, but we got there! I'm afraid there's no fancy technique, just the lighter:)

I tried the lighter trick, but found I didn’t have enough hands 

17 hours ago, Ben Gardebroek said:

This is amazing. It looks so easy how you make these models. But I know that It takes a lot of study to make It. Fantastic John. 

Thanks Ben, yes there's a bit of time goes in at the start measuring and drawing out plans, I find it's time well spent though as usually you can iron out any problems on paper before you cut any plastic

• Like 1

18 hours ago, L33 Da17on said:

Cracking job there mate. Will be nice to see it when its finished. Keep up the good work mate. 

Cheers Lee, it shouldn't be a long build, but I'm busy with some draining and fencing at the moment, so not a lot of time to get back to it at present!

• Like 1

Thanks Sean, yes there's a few on the go, I'm still working on them, mainly rear linkages as they are all very similar being Ford based.

Funny you should say that about the drainage machine, I could have done with it as that's what I've been busy with these past few days!

WP_20200507_14_52_23_Pro.jpg

WP_20200507_14_45_18_Pro.jpg

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Tractorman810 said:

was then looking at the first pic and thinking is that a old rear mounted digger, you dont see many using those any more .

We don't embrace change that quickly (or like spending money unnecessarily) here Sean!:D She's old, but she still does the job;)

We used to have on on a old david brown, cant think whitch one it was on but it was bigger and longer than a 990. It was awful to try and move used to lift up with having on front waight. Theres a farmer opposite the carlisle airport who has one sitting in the yard. Not sure he'll be a man to use one as he gets big track machines in when doing out. Nice to see you using one and it looks good on the case. Cool pics. 

• Like 1