Roadless Logmaster

9 hours ago, GPS said:

Great work, I do admire your skill.

Thank you Gavin, I hope to get this one finished off as I've made a start on the Roadless one to go with it

9 hours ago, Ferret90 said:

That’s a tidy job, and to get a working pivot like that :o:)

Cheers Ted, hopefully she shouldn't get stuck in a gutter with articulation like that!

WP_20200509_06_02_59_Pro (2).jpg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking good there John, logmaster looking well, big question are we going to see a forestry spec Roadless with branch guards, crane and winch along to accompany these logmaster builds? or is that just adding to the list.....  nice to see your ditching rig too is that a ejector bucket you got on your rear digger?

Cheers Paul, no, I've got to restrain myself, there'll be two skidders built but that's (probably) all forestry wise, I've got in mind a small logging diorama for them when I get them done, just something a little different I thought.

Yes, it's a handy old tool the McConnell, an old JCB or such would be more useful as you don't need to keep climing up and down to move her, but at least it keeps you fit and you don't have to maintain another machine that just sits in the shed for most of the year

3 minutes ago, 844john said:

Sorry Paul, yes it is an ejector bucket on it, although it's not connected there

11 minutes ago, 844john said:

Cheers Paul, no, I've got to restrain myself, there'll be two skidders built but that's (probably) all forestry wise, I've got in mind a small logging diorama for them when I get them done, just something a little different I thought.

Yes, it's a handy old tool the McConnell, an old JCB or such would be more useful as you don't need to keep climing up and down to move her, but at least it keeps you fit and you don't have to maintain another machine that just sits in the shed for most of the year

Sounds like you got your plan of attack there then John, little diorama be nice to see :) funny you say that, Andy did a steelfab back actor for a lad down country who wanted an ejector bucket on it, as thats what they'd always had..

one or two bits and pieces to add such as hooks and shackles etc, but she's about done. My intention is to create a small diorama with her sat on, so I think some heavy weathering will no doubt be necessary as she's too shiny for forestry work!

WP_20200510_06_30_46_Pro.jpg

WP_20200510_06_31_13_Pro.jpg

WP_20200510_06_32_48_Pro.jpg

WP_20200510_06_33_23_Pro.jpg

WP_20200510_06_33_34_Pro.jpg

WP_20200510_06_33_49_Pro.jpg

WP_20200510_06_34_44_Pro.jpg

WP_20200510_06_34_57_Pro.jpg

WP_20200510_06_35_36_Pro.jpg

14 minutes ago, jmd said:

theres no stopping you john:Ddo you sleep

I've said before John, I'm a morning person! By half nine at night I'm ready for bed, but by four next morning I'm itching to get up :)

4 hours ago, 844john said:

Thanks all, you're right Lee, it wouldn't stay clean and shiny for long once it got into the forest. Early stages of the production model of the Logmaster to go with it

WP_20200510_17_34_57_Pro.jpg

WP_20200510_17_34_51_Pro.jpg

You have hardly had the book I sent you a week and you have done one and a half models out of it :)

6 hours ago, smithy said:

You have hardly had the book I sent you a week and you have done one and a half models out of it :)

There's more than that been done from the book Smithy;)

Thanks Gavin, just something a little different for me to have a go at.

A bit more progress on the Roadless, I was wanting to have opening doors if possible, but I don't like the look of oversized hinges. Anyway, I've managed to do some that I don't think look out of scale, talk about a test of eye sight!

WP_20200511_17_17_12_Pro.jpg

WP_20200511_17_16_49_Pro.jpg

WP_20200511_17_16_26_Pro.jpg

WP_20200511_17_15_38_Pro.jpg

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 11:47 PM, alf aphid said:

The man is a machine! 

now come on finish up all the other part finished jobs...:D

where's the fun in that Alastair:D

11 hours ago, Ben Gardebroek said:

What a nice model, the log master you. And Yes, It would be nice to show It on a diorama. At a real model area. And now the next model. Fantastic. Good luck.

Thank you Ben, as you say, on to the next!

Archived