put the first pics up of this a while back but can't see the origonal post so here she is after a bit more tinkering, sporting a new front grill now,looks far better than the sticker they fitted,but stuck on the cab,should i go for a red and silver finish ,or fully red like the older ones were,?

post-46-132638531116_thumb.jpg

post-46-132638531117_thumb.jpg

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

forgot to say,also now sporting opening door and rear screen,wanted to make both sides open but the cab isn't strong enough to allow this,took near on 1 hr with a sharp hobby knife to get the door out and leave a surround like the real one,plus 3 cut fingers from slipages  :'( :'(

post-46-132638531119_thumb.jpg

post-46-132638531121_thumb.jpg

looks good Sean!!!

so is that how you get the door off then, use a very fine sharp blade :-\....and then a bit of rod for the hinge

better get some 6290 cab in  :D :D :D

yeah it is for the 26 / 36? and 595,takes some time,and a good firm surface under it to suport it,but it will cut out,as for the later 6290's ect i havn't tried those yet,but may well do so soon,as for the hinge yes they are very fine bits of brass rod with a hole drilled into the remaining hing on the cab,and glue onto the rest of the hinge on the door, although there is a tip to hanging it right which i will share vis pm if anyones intersted ,just incase it on ebayed soon  ,o;) :D :D :D :D

Seeing as it's a single door sean it will have to be a silver & red cab , but however there was a firm called R.O.C who with MASSEY FERGUSONS backing,bought  back good used 100 & 500 series masseys for complete rebuild & refurbishments,& then sold them with proper MF waranty almost as a new tractor , these 500 series tractors did have the cabs finished in silver  :)

fantastic sean very very nice love the opening door and back window :P :P :P. now easy was it to do the front axel. ??? ???

very easy mate,just need to remove the old front axel, bust a jd 4020 up,very very easy, then file/sand out a small level section of the 595 chassis,to get it to sit level,,you'll need to add the ros 3070's to the rear though,as it won't sit or look right on standard rears,for this just drill out the axel hole on the chassis to take the new ros axel,they then just fit in and pop on,like the britains wheels,

Nothing short of amazing Sean, that is going to be worth a mint if it ever lands on Ebay. Mine has a diecast replica cab so it won't be as easy otherwise I may have done this too. The front axle looks bery smart too, there was a guy down Shepton today with a heavily modded on with 565 stickers and a real linkage on the back - it took my breath away as did the 1080 parked next to it.

Seeing as it's a single door sean it will have to be a silver & red cab , but however     there was a firm called R.O.C who with MASSEY FERGUSONS backing,bought  back good used 100 & 500 series masseys for complete rebuild & refurbishments,& then sold them with proper MF waranty almost as a new tractor , these 500 series tractors did have the cabs finished in silver  :)

any pics or more info on them MJ the 500 series is my second best of masseys

after the 100s

above that is DBs & IHs  ;)

ps 590s looking good tractorman810

Nothing short of amazing Sean, that is going to be worth a mint if it ever lands on Ebay. Mine has a diecast replica cab so it won't be as easy otherwise I may have done this too. The front axle looks bery smart too, there was a guy down Shepton today with a heavily modded on with 565 stickers and a real linkage on the back - it took my breath away as did the 1080 parked next to it.

yes tris they where very nice, go job marky was not there or they would have been covered is salive. :D :D you got back ok then. i got back just after 3.

yes tris they where very nice, go job marky was not there or they would have been covered is salive. :D :D you got back ok then. i got back just after 3.

Got back just before 3pm mate yes. If I had ?75 I'd have had that 565 I reckon. Kept as a proper display model though due to it's real linkage.

:o :o :o Woooooo Eeeeeeee Sean... I love that front grill mate... you need the little MF red triangle to go on there now - will finish it off a treat...

As for the cab - what a work or Art... No chance of adding any strengthening pieces in to make the other door open and paint her all red  ???

That has to be one of your best pieces yet mate - TOP JOB  ;):-*:-*

• 3 weeks later...

well guys painted this up before the footie( if you can call it that  :D) had a bit of a number change now though,as i though a 590 was a common convo to do,so shes now renumbered a 575, has done now bar blacking the window rubbers which i forgot to bring the pen home from work for,

what do you think

post-46-132638533005_thumb.jpg

post-46-132638533007_thumb.jpg