the 550 was the 135 / 148 replacement . they were closely matched in HP but the 550 is effectively a 135 with 500 series styling

as for doing a 550 convo do like old ford has done & put the skinny tyres on the back of a 595

so wouldent i be better off using a 135 chassis and the wheels from the 135 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

blimey marcus your on the ball,its all done already mate,sat on the skinys just looking to mod the jq front axel to drop it a bit and bring it in also to match the rear width,also droping the arches down so they sit a bit lower to the wheels,

like you say it was the 135 replacemnet,but was also bigger than the 135 ,if you look at the classic tractor bit they aint far of the 575 ect really

11 inches longer than a 135 then Sean  :-\ - but a 595 was 176"  :-\

thats a fair shout marky but in reality the britains dimentions are more in keeping with the 590 as to the much larger 595  in real life

thats a fair shout marky but in reality the britains dimentions are more in keeping with the 590 as to the much larger 595  in real life

Ah ha I see Marcus.. would it not be better just to extend the 135 chassis though than shorten the 595  ??? Not sure what engine detail the 135 had... or the 595... but if it has got some level of detail then the 135 will surly be more accutate  :-\ ???

As AOL say in their current advert..... / discuss

hold everything there sean,

me & marky were discussing this earlier,

i recon you might well be better off & try & use a 135 chassis or a 362 chassis & graft a 500 series bonnet , cab & floorpan  to it .It's going to take some doing, but judging by the work you put into things , it'll be nothing short of spectacular if you can get it right  :)

your call  ;)

loads of 362 chassis lying round never thought about them thats for sure 

i imaging they'd be pretty good size wise , not exact but the rear wheel size is there just need a 2wd front axle , going to be a fair bit of wangling to get the floorpan & cab right though , but i don't see why it wouldn't work :)

strange though it may seem rob the 500 series cabs were modular , so they were all the same size , the only difference was the floor of the cab, the 550 had a geartunnell & as the range went up to  the 590 you more or less had a flat floor , not completely but as good as damit

hold everything there sean,

me & marky were discussing this earlier,

i recon you might well be better off & try & use a 135 chassis or a 362 chassis & graft a 500 series bonnet , cab & floorpan  to it .It's going to take some doing, but judging by the work you put into things , it'll be nothing short of spectacular if you can get it right  :)

your call  ;)

offcouse the 362 geniuses good thinking might try a IH 454 with that chassis but i still have a 135 skeleton to exploit

well heres offering no 1,

595 chassis,with smaller rears fitted ,and scratch built front axel,actually works to  :o :o

sits a bit lower like the classic tractor pics than the 575 ect,but may be a tad to longin the bonnet ?

362 chassi is a no no i think ,after looking at one would require a lot of chopping down to get even the basic bonet to fit,and may actually be a bit small,would also require a full floorpan to be built ,as the origonal is to big,then leading to a new cab to

were the cabs all the same size on them 550 ect,can't tell from pics

post-46-132638533185_thumb.jpg

post-46-132638533206_thumb.jpg