ford 8340

Not finished this yet decided to have an open sunroof so it just needs painting but been a bit cold of late in my garage for spraying. So i thought with all the spare bits i have id make another but a bit more basic [no engine, britains linkage] and ive extended it with plasticard

20210103_122150 (2).jpg

20210103_122156 (2).jpg

20210103_122206 (2).jpg

20210103_122239 (2).jpg

20210103_122322 (2).jpg

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, smithy said:

Looking good john ,its supposed to stay cold so no painting just yet and with another complete lock-down not far away you will have to start another project 

Thanks smithy yeah not warming up yet . ive crates full of models and parts that i keep picking up so ive lots to go at:D

21 hours ago, Ben Gardebroek said:

This looks very good John. Do you use the original Ford Blue paint or the Blue color from the Imber?

Thanks Ben yes its sparex ford tractor blue and its an exellent match but the sparex 40 series bianca white is a lot whiter than the imber and the ford tractor grey is darker than the imber so thats why ive taken the cab roof of to repaint so i thought i,d put the sunroof in

• 1 month later...
28 minutes ago, WillTEF20 said:

They look smashing John and that’s coming from a green man! Have always had a soft spot for 40 series have done my own on a UH chassis years ago needs a refresh now with a more accurate bonnet! 

Thanks Will good to here that even the green men can't resist a 40

Archived