F A O James Teper,and anyone else,

Sorry for the panic James,no harm intended,I believe that TerraGator works in South West Scotland,Not to far from you really,Yes dabbled in casting quite some time ago but never really went anywhere with it,Saying that I need to get some new Silicone and Resin,Cheers for the compliment,Yours are non to shabby as well.

Regards

Joe.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 844john said:

some seriously nice conversions there Joe, I've always loved that TerraGator especially. I remember reading the Model Farmer article years ago and being impressed by your work!

Thank you for the fantastic complement John,What made the Terragator possible was the introduction of those wide tyres,I already knew about the Volvo ADT,I managed to source one of them from Sweden,with some help from Pete of MPR models,Don't see much of Pete on here now,The cab / bonnet is a Norscot Challenger and the spreader is a widened Siku version.

Regards

Joe.

Update H.jpg

Update D.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GPS said:

Some fantastic builds there Joe. Particularly like the tracked MF, was always intending to build one of those myself.

Actually Gavin,the Tracked Massey was fairly straight forward,Casting the idlers was a bit of a step in the dark,But the Massey cab fitted very nicely into the John Deere floor pan,The only thing I really needed to make was the triangular track frame which luckily turned out to be the right size to fit around the track,???

Regards

Joe

Update C.jpg

Update B.jpg

• Like 1

Some of you guy's might be interested in some of the other bits and pieces I've put together over the years,If you ever find you need an auger for a job,I created one formed on a round central tube useing common pins to create a curve which I drew on freehand earlier then built up the "screw" useing 1mm x 1mm Plastruc square rod,which I then used to make my Krone XDisc 6200, I also dabbled briefly with making my own hydraulic rams,You can make these any length and any diameter they also look more convincing as there is a marked step between the cylinder and the ram,For ease of description, I'll say use 1mm x 2mm x 3mm and 4mm cut 4 lengths to required length then cut a short length of the 2mm about 2ml long glue that to the outside of your 1ml ram,Then do the very same again but this time glue it (carefully) to the inside of the 3ml ram,it's hard to write but easy to do,here is a picture to explain. 

Regards

Joe

Update F.jpg

Update E.jpg

Update I.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 years later...