Britains 2021 New Releases

IH885XLMAN

12 hours ago, AndyB said:

Would think its more likely to be from a version of the original as the heritage one (assuming you mean the one on the plinth with Henry Ford) was a resin model from memory.  Also it would probably be along the lines of the ERTL John Deere 'tractor with man' release for their 75 years - the original casting or very close to.......

Yes I mean the one with Henry Ford, it was called the “Heritage range” wasn’t it? I’ll have a look at mine but I think it’s heavier than resin. Either version would be welcome as long as they are done right. 

If they go down the the route off smarting up Ertl stuff. Then it's going to be all American style machines , mostly IH & JD. I can't see any Countys , Leylands or MF165s etc coming , in other words ,nothing like the Heritage British style tractors off the past. I see Ertl now have the Heritage TW-35 in the running. Are they swapping around ??

21 minutes ago, justy 46 said:

If they go down the the route off smarting up Ertl stuff. Then it's going to be all American style machines , mostly IH & JD. I can't see any Countys , Leylands or MF165s etc coming , in other words ,nothing like the Heritage British style tractors off the past. I see Ertl now have the Heritage TW-35 in the running. Are they swapping around ??

The problem with county’s, leyland and even MF, is licensing. We would all love them but the manufacturer think different. Or maybe the personal in Tomy Britains mightn’t be doing the job right!!!

57 minutes ago, ford man said:

The problem with county’s, leyland and even MF, is licensing. We would all love them but the manufacturer think different. Or maybe the personal in Tomy Britains mightn’t be doing the job right!!!

Britains could swing classic MFs easy. They have always being doing MFs. County's could be sourced easy also..What I find really bizarre is how UH celebrated Britains old White and Yellow County 1884s by doing their own versions.. How can a model brand celebrate a product done by their competition in the past. Leyland / Marshal not sure and then you have plenty Ford's, JDs and Case /IH that can still be covered...as in Euro / British spec from the 70s up to the 90s. 

I think that for me Britains are sat in a kind of no mans land when it comes to models at the moment. When you look back at the Deere 40/50 series, Case IH 56's and the Ford 66/76's, they made a pretty good fist of doing those, arguably they could be classed as being a little basic, but they were at sensible money. The DB's that followed were a big disappointment, and now for me the biggest issue is the cost of them in relation to the quality of the model. They seem to have steadily crept from the mid teens of pounds to now be knocking on the door of thirty quid, quietly edging into Replicagri and UH territory, which for the collector undoubtedly offer a much more detailed model (cock ups aside!). I think that there is definitely a lot of potential for their Heritage range (especially looking at the prices some of their previous models are making!), but they could run it as a separate entity, a bit like Siku and Wiking, as I'm sure that the majority of their previous Heritage models were bought by collectors rather than for kiddies to play with. Then the models could be a little more refined as they wouldn't have to meet the 3+ standards as a toy. I'm sure that if they were to produce a range of older models from the likes of  MF, Ford, IH, Dowdeswell, Bomford, etc  to Replicagri standards and prices there would be plenty of demand for them.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, justy 46 said:

Britains could swing classic MFs easy. They have always being doing MFs. County's could be sourced easy also..What I find really bizarre is how UH celebrated Britains old White and Yellow County 1884s by doing their own versions.. How can a model brand celebrate a product done by their competition in the past. Leyland / Marshal not sure and then you have plenty Ford's, JDs and Case /IH that can still be covered...as in Euro / British spec from the 70s up to the 90s. 

I think the coloured Countys were commissioned by Andy. 

22 hours ago, mb86 said:

Yes I mean the one with Henry Ford, it was called the “Heritage range” wasn’t it? I’ll have a look at mine but I think it’s heavier than resin. Either version would be welcome as long as they are done right. 

Yes your right martin they are metal or at least the one i cut up to make a p6 was:)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, justy 46 said:

Did Britains wake up to demand !! Maybe the small Ford's will return .

Interesting they're running the tooling again as they had said it would be one time productions on those items to assist in 'collectability' which it certainly has done! They would have then been better producing a 4240/4240S/4440 surely? Likewise, the Classic Magnum could have come from Ertl tooling of the 7130 rather then churning out the 1066?  

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, CX820Joe said:

Whilst I am sure the Deere re releases will be welcomed widely, surely one Deere, one Ford (6600 for example) and an IH 956 would have been better?  Good variety and all seem sought after these days?

It may be a trial re-release to see how many they shift?  It could follow that more are re-issued, who knows?

6 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

Prob just found a loads of boxes in the back of the warehouse , need the space :D , whilst i ain't a jd man , and didn't buy them first time round , i wouldn't say no this time if they do get re released 

Could be, who knows what they have knocking about!  RRP is going to be about £30, so better than the current prices!

I think Britains doing fendts and the likes of of a zerion are a waste of time. Not great models and have already been made, better, there seems to be Fendt everywhere. The only reason the 40 and 50 series JD’s are coming back is £££££. If they want to keep the heritage JD job boyant they should bring out 2140, 2850, 4240s, 4055 etc etc etc. The heritage IH looks like they found a shed full of ertl castings and utilised them. 
For heritage let’s have some MF’s, Deutz, Fords abs perhaps County’s.

And what on earth have the arable sector done to offend Britains??? Cultivation, drilling and arable Kit???? Heritage and modern. I reckon a heritage range of arable kit would do well, plough, drill, rolls, feet spreader, sprayer, combine??

• Like 9