Britains 2021 New Releases

IH885XLMAN

38 minutes ago, IH885XLMAN said:

When is the 2021 catologue due out 

Fairly soon I hope, I have some on order, so will post up if I happen to be early in recieving them!  No doubt someone will beat me to it!:lol:

47 minuten geleden, catkom3 zei:

There's already a John Deere 4020 with a Hiniker cab, I used one to put on my Autodrome County 1454,

https://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/topic/14307-autodrome-county-1454with-a-wee-twist/?tab=comments#comment-379031

Regards,

Joe.

That's what I mean, but can't seem to find a 4020 with a cab. I was thinking of putting it on a Ford 7000 or something.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hody21 said:

I find it odd how Britains don't offer a muckspreader, the NC rear discharge one was a super model and the dump trailer. Surly they could come back even in a different colour.

Very true - and yet they are working through the rainbow for the NC tanker.

The dump trailer does make a reappearance - but you've got to put up with a New Holland T6 if you want one!

1 minute ago, CX820Joe said:

Very true - and yet they are working through the rainbow for the NC tanker.

The dump trailer does make a reappearance - but you've got to put up with a New Holland T6 if you want one!

They could do the NC dump trailer in all the colours too, perhaps there are Fleming products on the horizon seeing how the twin bale carrier has been rereleased as a Fleming item.

10 minutes ago, hody21 said:

They could do the NC dump trailer in all the colours too, perhaps there are Fleming products on the horizon seeing how the twin bale carrier has been rereleased as a Fleming item.

you could be right there - wish they had stuck with NC, and modelled their grain trailers.

I wish they wouldn't leave gaps in the collection - they don't have a manure spreader now, or a seed drill, plough, grain trailers.  If they are to discontinue items, would be good if they did so as they were replacing it in the range with an alterative.  Instead they discontinue stuff and leave gaps and the obsolete prices get silly.

Thought about looking for another Kverneland U drill - but your looking to pay at least £50 and I didn't think they were that popular.

Edited by CX820Joe
spelling
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CX820Joe said:

you could be right there - wish they had stuck with NC, and modelled their grain trailers.

I wish they wouldn't leave gaps in the collection - they don't have a manure spreader now, or a seed drill, plough, grain trailers.  If they are to discontinue items, would be good if they did so as they were replacing it in the range with an alterative.  Instead they discontinue stuff and leave gaps and the obsolete prices get silly.

Thought about looking for another Kverneland U drill - but your looking to pay at least £50 and I didn't think they were that popular.

There was always an alternative in the past for everything and I think that's what made the Britain's range so brilliant growing up.      Why they haven't got a plough in the range is mad   they seem to run certain things for ever and a day. Then drop anything that's actually good  

On 1/23/2021 at 11:33 PM, alf aphid said:

Hi Sean, it’s already been done. It’s an ertl cast off. Nice model in my opinion

4AECAFF9-4D7C-454D-8DEB-8DD6D6771AC8.jpeg

Did Ertl re-issue the above tooling on general release in different livery? The old casting below was done in at least three colour schemes I think. Still a smart tractor. 

205.JPG

200.JPG

203.JPG

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Andy said:

Did Ertl re-issue the above tooling on general release in different livery? The old casting below was done in at least three colour schemes I think. Still a smart tractor. 

205.JPG

200.JPG

203.JPG

There was a release with silver wheels, but I'm not sure if that was how the NFTS model eventually appeared? 

1 hour ago, Andy said:

205.JPG

200.JPG

203.JPG

Oh the top of my head, I’m not sure if they did do another regular release model. I can’t think that they did, but I could be wrong. 
yes the old casting there were three versions of, you are right. 

2 hours ago, Andy said:

205.JPG

200.JPG

203.JPG

I I have the original red one , 

2675AFA5-C308-497D-8850-90CA3371F130.jpeg

D72AECBD-BC11-45C3-8A4F-6624F06AA407.jpeg

• Like 2

I'd be interested to know the story with the E27N's. 

Are they built using the original 70 year old tooling? just with the axle area of the mould modified? Surely they either haven't kept hold of the moulds for all that time, or they weren't in good enough nick to use for a production run of 7500 items.

Which would suggest they are new toolings... in which case why on earth make them so close to the original. Surely if you where making new tooling you'd go away and make a model that meets the same detail standards as the recent heritage range. To have an anniversary model and not demonstrate how the companies skills have moved on doesn't make much sense to me. Even if they kept the main casting and just put a new set of wheels and steering axle on it would be a significant improvement.

Equally why not use the tooling for the plinthed 8715 version? Was this a diecast or a resin model? Either way it was a much more realistic representation than this new release.

Maybe its just me, but if I wanted a heritage Britains item, I'd buy the vintage one, with actual heritage, not one that's just rolled of a production line thousands of miles away. Having said that I'll still be buying one or two of these releases because of the price :lol: