Massey 6616/7718

Nice effort, I did something similar with my initial 6480 convo when I used a 7499 cab and fenders as the donor tractor.  What I realized is that the bigger tractor fenders are designed to house R42 wheels and tyres whereas the short wheelbase 7480 for example has fenders that curve down tighter as they are designed for R38s.  Therefore they dont look right on the smaller short wheelbase machines.

In other words my second 6480  where I used a cab and rear fenders off of a 5480  looked far better.  Unfortunately UH didnt replace their 6475 with a short wheelbase 7618/ 7718. I think maybe the 5613 might offer better fenders than the 7726 but not sure if the 56 cab works.

Picture below shows the difference.

MF6480 model 006.JPG

mf 6480 001.JPG

On 11/1/2020 at 12:31 PM, phil phoenix said:

Nice effort, I did something similar with my initial 6480 convo when I used a 7499 cab and fenders as the donor tractor.  What I realized is that the bigger tractor fenders are designed to house R42 wheels and tyres whereas the short wheelbase 7480 for example has fenders that curve down tighter as they are designed for R38s.  Therefore they dont look right on the smaller short wheelbase machines.

In other words my second 6480  where I used a cab and rear fenders off of a 5480  looked far better.  Unfortunately UH didnt replace their 6475 with a short wheelbase 7618/ 7718. I think maybe the 5613 might offer better fenders than the 7726 but not sure if the 56 cab works.

Thanks for your input phil, the 56 cab is a stockman cab and is made for 34’ rims with narrow mudguards so the 77 cab is the best option 

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...