Leyland / Marshall

Thanks Martin. They're another marque that's been under represented in model form in my opinion, and i would think the majority of stock or mixed farms will have probably owned at least one over the years

Edited by 844john
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, mb86 said:

Does that mean you’re doing a 285/2100 as well? :wub:
There is a few hours work stood in the background of the photos John!

I can remember when Mossie used to do the silage, one year he had a six pot Leyland with the exhaust up the back of the cab, I think it was a 285, and as a boy i thought it was some machine, (even when it was stood next to his 3650's and TW15!)so a 285 will find its way onto the bench.....the 4100 is just a bit of an indulgence on my part! 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2020 at 9:13 PM, 844john said:

I can remember when Mossie used to do the silage, one year he had a six pot Leyland with the exhaust up the back of the cab, I think it was a 285, and as a boy i thought it was some machine, (even when it was stood next to his 3650's and TW15!)so a 285 will find its way onto the bench.....the 4100 is just a bit of an indulgence on my part! 

Looking fantastic John

I didn’t know mossy had a 15.  In fact I don’t recall ever seeing his trailed chopper at all!

4 minutes ago, mb86 said:

Looking fantastic John

I didn’t know mossy had a 15.  In fact I don’t recall ever seeing his trailed chopper at all!

Thanks Martin! I never saw him with a trailed chopper either that i can recall, it was always a Jaguar, but I can remember the Ford not being very popular with the drivers at the time due to its crash box.

Thanks Paul, yes they're a bit fiddley getting the axles to steer but keeping them in proportion to the scale, i didn't want to end up with a Britains front axle! She must be a Leyland that one if she's got a straight pipe;) Actually, it's just a case of test fitting the parts as i go along, but we're inching ever closer to starting to assemble some!

• Like 1

Thanks Sean, you're right there, especially when you're a bit ham fisted like i can be! I must confess that my output of models has upped recently, as I've decided to take the plunge and build models to sell as well as for my own collection, sort of farm diversification if you like, but without the caravan site!;)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, 844john said:

I've decided to take the plunge and build models to sell as well as for my own collection, sort of farm diversification if you like, but without the caravan site!;)

Now we're sucking diesel

What models are you planning to do for sale?

13 hours ago, SPN said:

Now we're sucking diesel

What models are you planning to do for sale?

I dont see myself churning out big runs of models Stan, rather smaller batches of models more individual  to what a person wants. I've already cast a number of parts for the IH's, Ford LP's, Muir Hills, Leylands etc so these are a start, but there's already a few interesting one offs in the pipeline.  

• Like 3