Leyland / Marshall

Wow John those are stunning. I haven’t had a lot of time of late to come here and go through all the topics but what a surprise to see these. 
the fogging doesn’t look too bad at all from here, I’m sure you could find a use for it. Once again, stunning modelling👌

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, mb86 said:

Wow John those are stunning. I haven’t had a lot of time of late to come here and go through all the topics but what a surprise to see these. 
the fogging doesn’t look too bad at all from here, I’m sure you could find a use for it. Once again, stunning modelling👌

Thank you  Martin, I’ve not had a lot of time for the models lately either, but after the cock ups of the last couple of days I think I’m better off working with sheep!

• Confused 1

Well John ... Words fail me..... But stunning work...must be one of the finest batches of the brand ever produced in 32nd Scale and .like Martin says above the fogging doesn't look too bad in the photos, maybe it wants setting in a wet day looking scene rather than calling it a reject... hell Bathgate let worse out of the gate back in the day 😂 The reaction of the laquer seems more of a problem though. Still fantastic work and every credit to you 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/9/2021 at 6:04 AM, 844john said:

Thank you  Martin, I’ve not had a lot of time for the models lately either, but after the cock ups of the last couple of days I think I’m better off working with sheep!

That’s a bit of a rash statement, you had better sit down and think it over properly before you make your final decision. 😆

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Well John ... Words fail me..... But stunning work...must be one of the finest batches of the brand ever produced in 32nd Scale and .like Martin says above the fogging doesn't look too bad in the photos, maybe it wants setting in a wet day looking scene rather than calling it a reject... hell Bathgate let worse out of the gate back in the day 😂 The reaction of the laquer seems more of a problem though. Still fantastic work and every credit to you 

Thank you Paul, for some reason this particular batch of tractors has been cursed....I daren’t tell you that that particular 272 with the fogging was destined for the valley!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 844john said:

Thank you Paul, for some reason this particular batch of tractors has been cursed....I daren’t tell you that that particular 272 with the fogging was destined for the valley!

Credit where credit is due John, you done a cracking job.... I don't think I'd have complained even if the 272 is destined for the Valley, it's still a fantastic build even with the little fogging that doesn't show too much in the photos

• Thanks 1

On 8/7/2021 at 4:23 PM, 844john said:

And one of the 272’s has suffered from fogging of the glazing, unfortunately I can’t get the cab roof off to replace it, so it’s looking like it’s heading for the reject bin

BC5970B5-7C56-4E4F-9C40-300EB7943776.jpeg

Put it on Ebay, not in any reject bin.

And put my name down for a 2100 (if it isn't there already)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stabliofarmer said:

Impressive work as ever John, I can sympathise with the curse, I always find after time away from building it takes a build or two to get back into the swing of it! and sometimes there's a model that just fights you the entire way.

Thanks James, this whole batch has been like that. I think the problem is that they have sat so long waiting for decals and now they don’t want to leave, so they’re doing everything they can to stay!🙄

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, SPN said:

Put it on Ebay, not in any reject bin.

And put my name down for a 2100 (if it isn't there already)

Thanks Stan, I’d kept you in mind for a 2100😉 I did think about putting it on eBay, still undecided yet!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Oh hell aye John.... You not lost your magic touch 😍 another beauty from Bathgate! Was in a shed yesterday with a 285 synchro with a knackered gearbox, sat along side a 10 speed silver stripe 2100 and a 2100 Synchro.... A 282, pair of 272s a 245, 253, plus a handful of Nuffields...whilst trying to source a couple of missing items for a recent project... Wasn't a successful search in terms of quality but the items found might be salvageable with a few hours work

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Oh hell aye John.... You not lost your magic touch 😍 another beauty from Bathgate! Was in a shed yesterday with a 285 synchro with a knackered gearbox, sat along side a 10 speed silver stripe 2100 and a 2100 Synchro.... A 282, pair of 272s a 245, 253, plus a handful of Nuffields...whilst trying to source a couple of missing items for a recent project... Wasn't a successful search in terms of quality but the items found might be salvageable with a few hours work

Thanks Paul, sounds like an Aladdin’s cave for you that!😉

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, 844john said:

Thanks Paul, sounds like an Aladdin’s cave for you that!😉

It were John... There's a lot of Leylands and Leyland bits up there some too far gone but got told if it's on 4 wheels it'll run.... there's a nice pair of 698 VT engines basically a good turbo version of the 6 pot Leyland engine that run but won't part with them .... would have loved to get photos but he's not do keen on that. Although once the recent project has had a bath I think a few photos of that might be in order 😉

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...