Leyland / Marshall

30 minutes ago, 844john said:

I dont see myself churning out big runs of models Stan, rather smaller batches of models more individual  to what a person wants. I've already cast a number of parts for the IH's, Ford LP's, Muir Hills, Leylands etc so these are a start, but there's already a few interesting one offs in the pipeline.  

I'm interested in a Leyland 2100 for definite, a Ransomes grain trailer (as previously made by Dads Tractors), and maybe a Ford 5030 should you be minded

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SPN said:

I'm interested in a Leyland 2100 for definite, a Ransomes grain trailer (as previously made by Dads Tractors), and maybe a Ford 5030 should you be minded

Sounds like an interesting list Stan, I like the idea of a 5030

• Like 1

On 11/22/2020 at 12:46 PM, 844john said:

Thanks Sean, you're right there, especially when you're a bit ham fisted like i can be! I must confess that my output of models has upped recently, as I've decided to take the plunge and build models to sell as well as for my own collection, sort of farm diversification if you like, but without the caravan site!;)

Wow john, 

you are going to be busy! Poor old sheep!

6 hours ago, alf aphid said:

Wow john, 

you are going to be busy! Poor old sheep!

The farm still comes first Alastair, I'm just spending a couple of days a week in my workshop rather than off the farm for other people, plus i can work around the jobs here, grabbing a few hours as i have them spare. Winter's are long up here, so it can be a productive use of my time without getting wet through and freezing my arse of all day;)

• Like 4

7 hours ago, 844john said:

The farm still comes first Alastair, I'm just spending a couple of days a week in my workshop rather than off the farm for other people, plus i can work around the jobs here, grabbing a few hours as i have them spare. Winter's are long up here, so it can be a productive use of my time without getting wet through and freezing my arse of all day;)

I think it makes perfect sense! You’ll do well at it!

• Thanks 1

Wow they are very nice those leylands bmc marshalls are lovely will you ever do the JWC red version 

Thinking of making up some  britains retro straw boxes just for my own intereat to  kinda imagine what it would be like if britains  ever did other tractors  and more realiatic

They look so good at this stage john

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, IH885XLMAN said:

Wow they are very nice those leylands bmc marshalls are lovely will you ever do the JWC red version 

Thinking of making up some  britains retro straw boxes just for my own intereat to  kinda imagine what it would be like if britains  ever did other tractors  and more realiatic

They look so good at this stage john

Thanks Nigel, yes there's been a request for a red addition as well;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Tidy job as always John, that 4wd axle be a bit more work but looks the part and working steering too ;) then again we shouldnt expect anything else from you and your scalpel...... grand work, keep it up and look forward to your next update :)

Cheers Paul, the tricky part i think will be getting the dishes for the front wheels sorted, I'm just mulling them over at the moment!

22 hours ago, 844john said:

Cheers Paul, the tricky part i think will be getting the dishes for the front wheels sorted, I'm just mulling them over at the moment!

Well that might be a bit easier John dependant on the age range your looking at, the centres on the 482's and the Harvest gold Leyland 4wds just had a flat plate rather than a curved dish, even the early Marshall 4wds had the flat plate wheel centre, i'm not exactly sure of the change point but would get you away, but  if someones asked you about a JWD then you'd need curved dishes ;) Your 6 pot looking good, would possibly agree with Nigel on the wheels, a set of equivilent  of 18.4x34  would be getting somewhere near the common size for a 2100 but what that would scale back to in 32nd i'm not so sure

Mr Woodhouses  2100 sat on 18.4's  not the best of photos but would say your cabs at the right height 

100087506_1142850792758193_8142683025944084480_o.jpg

Edited by Valley Axe Man

Thanks lads, I know what you mean about the wheels, still not quite sure what's going on it yet, but the cab is definitely too high. The top bonnet line sits level with where the cab front starts to angle back, whereas mine is just a couple of mm high at the moment. It just needs a few seconds with the dremmel on the skid and it'll be sorted though!;)

Edited by 844john

If you look at the position of the rear axle centre relative to the chassis rails it does seem that the cab and gearbox is sitting a couple of mm too high.

The front is also sitting a bit high.

But it's very very close.

Witchcraft I tells ya

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SPN said:

If you look at the position of the rear axle centre relative to the chassis rails it does seem that the cab and gearbox is sitting a couple of mm too high.

The front is also sitting a bit high.

But it's very very close.

Witchcraft I tells ya

I think you've hit the nail on the head there Stan, it's funny how sometimes looking at a picture of a model highlights the areas that are wrong better than looking at the model itself. Luckily it's only tacked together at the moment to see how everything fits, so it can soon be remedied ;)