Leyland / Marshall

1 hour ago, Tractorman810 said:

looking good john, what are the 2wd  front wheel off?  they look spot on for something i have had in mind for a while , current options are too skinny for the look i want .

Thanks Sean, I'm going with what Stan says as i don't remember where they came from! I used them on the Zetor that i did, but I've pinched them off it to cast for these.

On 12/1/2020 at 5:20 PM, 844john said:

Thanks Martin, did you used to have one of these?

Managed to sort the position of the cab and wheels, it's amazing how just a little bit out here and there is so noticeable, but hopefully we've got there now

WP_20201201_17_01_58_Pro.jpg

WP_20201201_17_04_39_Pro.jpg

WP_20201201_17_02_40_Pro.jpg

WP_20201201_17_02_47_Pro.jpg

Yes we had a 10 speed 285, It was a cracking tractor along with a 270 and 262 then latterly a 272 synchro. 
is your bonnet sloping down slightly as it meets the cab? Could just be how you have it placed on your mock up. 

2 hours ago, mb86 said:

Yes we had a 10 speed 285, It was a cracking tractor along with a 270 and 262 then latterly a 272 synchro. 
is your bonnet sloping down slightly as it meets the cab? Could just be how you have it placed on your mock up. 

it is a little bit there Martin, it won't be when it's fixed in place though;)

• Like 1

There was a farm near where I lived in the early 1990s, this was their tractor fleet as i can remember it:

Leyland 270/272? X 3

Leyland 802

Marshall 802 

Marshall 804

Fiat 1000 DT

Deutz DX120

Deutz DX6.30

They used the Leylands mainly on Farrow irrigators for the potatoes and general work, was a great farm for interest back in the day.   Just have a couple of New Holland's and a JD now.

Looking great there John, are you thinking of the later yellow versions as well?

2 hours ago, 844john said:

Thanks Sean, they were popular up this way too, I'm sure most farmers have had at least one Leyland over the years

apart from us, my uncle was looking through some pics hes got from my nans stuff, and it seems we had fordsons early on, seems we never got to the supers ect ,and they were supplied by l e tuckwells ,so the old man himself, we swapped  onto te 20’s and ferguson /massey ferguson there on, i certainly only ever remember mf red . he didn't remembers the fordsons mind, but the pics are there, and he's  in one or two. i just remember driving round and every farm had other distinct other brands, all looked different style wise, now its all red or green or blue , and truthfully most look similar 

• Like 2