leyland 802

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, 844john said:

looking well Paul, I see you're not short of a pot of paint or two!;)

thanks John,yes,a few,the thats just the gloss colours about the same amount for flat/matt colours,ww2 models and bikes as well,so you soon build up some stock:)

a bit more done today,another thing i had to add,as it wasnt on the case 1494,a vertical bar with trailer socket,again thanks to Paul,(valley axe man) for info about this,also cab seat finished,tactor spare parts sent me some off cuts of leyland bonnet decals for colour reference,i used these to finish the seat off,they also kindly sent me a piece of paint from an old wing they have,and it is very close to the paint i used to spray the bonnet and mudguards with,still have to add the exhaust,add front headlights and fix the bonnet in place,add the front weight hanger and front weights and add the 2 rails under the side grills,plus get the bonnet and rear mudguard decals sorted and numberplate from Henri Walker

IMG_1511.JPG

IMG_1520.JPG

IMG_1524.JPG

IMG_1504.JPG

IMG_1521.JPG

IMG_1522.JPG

IMG_1523.JPG

21 minutes ago, Paul Palmer said:

yeah i think the orange stripe should have a stripe through that ,but that is way to small to do:)

Just get a roll of this, Down your way in Cornwall, paint it the colour you need, Sorted,

https://www.cornwallmodelboats.co.uk/acatalog/Model-Technics-Trimline-White-P5523674.html#SID=844

Regards

Joe.

3 minutes ago, Paul Palmer said:

;) thanks Joe,might be handy if i do another one

If you go to the shop. take a good look around, My local model boat shop came in handy for 3pt linkage top links in various sizes, The boat folk call them Bottle screws,

https://www.cornwallmodelboats.co.uk/cgi-bin/ss000001.pl?SO=1_3_4_0&TB=O&GB=O&SS=brass bottle screw&SX=0&PR=-1&SO=1_3_4_0&SS=brass+bottle+screw&SX=0&PN=1

Regards

Joe.

23 minutes ago, catkom3 said:

If you go to the shop. take a good look around, My local model boat shop came in handy for 3pt linkage top links in various sizes, The boat folk call them Bottle screws,

https://www.cornwallmodelboats.co.uk/cgi-bin/ss000001.pl?SO=1_3_4_0&TB=O&GB=O&SS=brass bottle screw&SX=0&PR=-1&SO=1_3_4_0&SS=brass+bottle+screw&SX=0&PN=1

Regards

Joe.

will do Joe,thanks for the link

2 hours ago, 844john said:

You're not far off by the looks of it now Paul!

Yes close to finishing now John,another part i will be waiting on due to covid is the 2 side rails which will go on the chassis and under the side bonnet grills,my son in law will print them out for me

Archived