Richard Western GRS25 Grain Chaser

I thought I would start a topic to share the building process for this grain chaser.  

The chassis is from a Ros Samson Slurry trailer.  The wheels are a little larger than the standards for the Richard Western GRS25, however they are similar to the wheels on some of the promotional video versions of the GRS25. 

Firstly I had to resize the chassis to fit the dimensions of the chaser bin.  

Then I built up a template of chaser body  to test two different side heights.

20210327_161436.jpg

20210401_103530.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Pete132 said:

Looks great 👍🏻 👍🏻

Thanks 

3 minutes ago, Stabliofarmer said:

Really like that Chris, great conversion!

It is just waiting for one of your trailers.  I will need to get it built before harvest, ha.  

• Like 1

On 6/2/2021 at 1:12 AM, The Tractor Twitcher said:

Great work Chris. That looks very smart. 🙂

Thanks

On 6/2/2021 at 2:55 AM, mike whiting said:

Looks good Chris, any thoughts on Solartex for the roll over sheet?

What is Solartex.  I am waiting for my trailer from Stablio Farmer to see how he does his, then I might have a crack.  

Solartex is a plastic fabric used by RC Aeroplane people to wrap planes in. It makes really effective roll 8ver sheets as it cuts cleanly and rolls nicely holding shape. It's pricey though, I think last time I bought it it was £19 a meter. I use 3.8oz Waterproof fabric for roll over sheets these days, takes abit of care to cut without freying but looks the part when done. 

3 hours ago, Stabliofarmer said:

Solartex is a plastic fabric used by RC Aeroplane people to wrap planes in. It makes really effective roll 8ver sheets as it cuts cleanly and rolls nicely holding shape. It's pricey though, I think last time I bought it it was £19 a meter. I use 3.8oz Waterproof fabric for roll over sheets these days, takes abit of care to cut without freying but looks the part when done. 

thanks for the info, I will have to see what I can source in Hong Kong.