britains autoway tipping trailer

jmd

What are people's opinion of this. I bought of ebay but when it came i was a bit disapointed as the decal is shiny and looks like a modern vinyl printed and not paper as of the era. Pictured with my truck for comparisson also a bit different colour

20210402_163646 (2).jpg

20210402_163814 (2).jpg

Not sure what to say John , i can see the yellow is a different on the body work and the decal is a different shade from the photo , if it is vinyl that would be why and a good chance it has been reproduced, you have been collecting Autoway quite a while now and if you think its not right it probably is not 🙁  

Thanks smithy  ive contacted the seller and he has offered a full refund or partial refund and i keep it but im going to send it back as i think it does'nt look right

not seen one before, i did see it on ebay,so would tend to say the sellers is normally 100% spot on, the decal certainly does look very new and the actual arrows themselves do look different , a bit more angled maybe . but well stored i guess it wouldnt get sun fade or anything .you know more about autoway than i do so suspect your prob right .

1 hour ago, Tractorman810 said:

not seen one before, i did see it on ebay,so would tend to say the sellers is normally 100% spot on, the decal certainly does look very new and the actual arrows themselves do look different , a bit more angled maybe . but well stored i guess it wouldnt get sun fade or anything .you know more about autoway than i do so suspect your prob right .

Yeah have bought from him before and like you say normally spot on to be fair he told me he didn't study it that well when he bought it and yes the arrows are not quite the same either 

It can be very difficult to tell, especially buying online. I've recently invested in a UV torch Light for closer inspections. Think it cost around £35 for a high powered mid range one. It's very good at identifying touch-ins, repairs, repaints and also new decals being applied. 

Some Dinky's as below, almost un-noticeable in terms of work being done without UV but the light picks out the work done. The Guy lorry with minor touch-ins, the Foden has a complete top cab repaint. I've a decal example too which I will try and dig out. The glue and decal material all different to the original which again the light shows very clearly. 

IMG_0143.jpeg

IMG_0134.jpeg

It is difficult to tell colour from pictures. If you are not sure of the paint how does it smell? Does it look like it has been spray painted? I bought a Deutz Dx110 quite a few years ago, in Autoway colours, and it smelled of spray paint. especially as it had been wrapped up for posting. A tiny scratch in an unobtrusive area revealed it to be a painted green one with Volvo wheels, the reason for buying. I was not too impressed but the seller was excellent and gave me a full refund on receipt of tractor, to Republic of Ireland. I was sweating that as was not a small sum. Also you can take digital pictures of any damaged areas and enlarge to reveal if a different colour underneath. 

43 minutes ago, super6 said:

It is difficult to tell colour from pictures. If you are not sure of the paint how does it smell? Does it look like it has been spray painted? I bought a Deutz Dx110 quite a few years ago, in Autoway colours, and it smelled of spray paint. especially as it had been wrapped up for posting. A tiny scratch in an unobtrusive area revealed it to be a painted green one with Volvo wheels, the reason for buying. I was not too impressed but the seller was excellent and gave me a full refund on receipt of tractor, to Republic of Ireland. I was sweating that as was not a small sum. Also you can take digital pictures of any damaged areas and enlarge to reveal if a different colour underneath. 

I think the paint is genuine Paul just the decals, shiny look like vinyl, slightly different shade, arrow not quite the same

Archived