Wiking releases 2021

Barry

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, phil phoenix said:

The 942 is better apart from its poor quality tyres........Im looking for a suitable donor but no one else makes 750 R44s.  Think I might put replica 710/75/R42s on mine.

As I recall Phil, the tyres on the Siku Fendt 1050 were far better than the Wiking ones. which is weird, But Siku is the parent company,

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/303911982514?epid=2255462423&hash=item46c290d5b2:g:ibMAAOSwK3FfS3HY

Regards

Joe.

Yes I had noticed that too Joe, but they are still too big.  What ive done is order a set of 939 wheels and tyres from Pete H.  I will convert the 942 to take them as they are based on 710/75/R42s and R34 fronts.  Ive already put new decals on the tractor to make it a 936 which we have a couple running round here now. The two 942s locally are on the big set of tyres 750 R44s etc, but personally I think an R38 rim on the fronts are best suited to the 1050 machines.  I may swap the 939 tyres over with my 8740 MF as they are better still and the right size.  Should look ace when shes done🙂

• Like 1

Yes Ben, I was keen as mustard to get one, then saw the bonnet and I just don't like the look of it......will wait and see if they do a standard version with no chrome and the nicer nose, and hopefully the updated decals.

• Like 1

Thats straight out of the box then??  Only reason i ask is there was a set of pics and a video of someone doing work to a new wiking fendt a week or so ago  on faceslap , some euro group , they had printed out new parts inc a front grill , noticed the tools behind and just crossed my mind it may be one of those pics as the grill looks transparent and un painted  like theirs did , sure all the parts he made were the same, a clear filament plastic  

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

Thats straight out of the box then??  Only reason i ask is there was a set of pics and a video of someone doing work to a new wiking fendt a week or so ago  on faceslap , some euro group , they had printed out new parts inc a front grill , noticed the tools behind and just crossed my mind it may be one of those pics as the grill looks transparent and un painted  like theirs did , sure all the parts he made were the same, a clear filament plastic  

Two more pics Sean, I think it’s straight outta box when you look at these two as well 

3CFB82B9-42BC-4E90-B4F4-B120373D8C5D.jpeg

6C5A8F7F-5EDB-4E8E-B657-449395389D64.png

Dear me, what a mediocre model that looks like.  The 1050 isn't their finest, but they don't seem to have made any effort with that at all, what incentive is there to buy it with a chrome exhaust, bizarre translucent grille, and old style decals?

Oh, and unpainted rims (in  case I hadn't mentioned before)

Not liking to be bashing Wiking, the original Fendt 936 and 828's are two of my favourites, and some of the other implements I have a very good, but their output is very variable of late.  That big Fendt deserves a properly finished replica.  They are a seriously impressive tractor, especially when you meet one on the road!

Edited by CX820Joe
spelling
  • Like 2