International Farmall Model A Tractor

Scaledown T3

When looking at the Scaledown catalogue of tractors the Farmall A was a model I always passed by. Recently I have been watching Pete on the Youtube ‘A few Acres Farm’ series.  I enjoyed his use of vintage tractors and equipment and boy does he like the Farmalls.

So I was tempted to get the Scaledown model.  I know International started assembling the Farmall M models in Doncaster in 1948 and I was wondering why Scaledown did the Model A rather than it, was any of the Model A’s send to Britain during WWII?

IMG_1098x.thumb.jpg.487a530153cb440cb977e7837d8f8057.jpg

• Like 5

Farmall Model A

I asked earlier if any of the Model A’s were send to Britain during WWII? I thought would be some IH historians out there but no so I had to do my own research.  I found that only Ford and David Brown built tractors in Britain during WWII and America’s ‘big 9’ shipped theirs from the USA including the Farmall A.

Anyway Model A completed, painted and decals added.  A very unusual tractor with its wheel spacing giving what Farmall called ‘Cultivision’

IMG_1139x.thumb.jpg.9a6e59142c0d366291cc887838c4f071.jpg

IMG_1145x.thumb.jpg.a18cb36c293366934ee70b2af042295e.jpg

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/10/2021 at 2:23 PM, Kirely said:

Scaledown T3

When looking at the Scaledown catalogue of tractors the Farmall A was a model I always passed by. Recently I have been watching Pete on the Youtube ‘A few Acres Farm’ series.  I enjoyed his use of vintage tractors and equipment and boy does he like the Farmalls.

So I was tempted to get the Scaledown model.  I know International started assembling the Farmall M models in Doncaster in 1948 and I was wondering why Scaledown did the Model A rather than it, was any of the Model A’s send to Britain during WWII?

IMG_1098x.thumb.jpg.487a530153cb440cb977e7837d8f8057.jpg

Hi Kieran, looking good what you've done. I can't speak for my predecessor and SCALEdown company founder the late Brian Parks but I guess he did the "A" as they had the same size tyres as the Allis B that was his first model tractor kit that he designed and built and tyre moulds made by spark-erodeing into steel blocks was very expensive in the early 80's and tyres were the stumbling block for making different models then.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, NIGEL FORD said:

Hi Kieran, looking good what you've done. I can't speak for my predecessor and SCALEdown company founder the late Brian Parks but I guess he did the "A" as they had the same size tyres as the Allis B that was his first model tractor kit that he designed and built and tyre moulds made by spark-erodeing into steel blocks was very expensive in the early 80's and tyres were the stumbling block for making different models then.

The fact that that would be an impressive feat for a small model maker now makes it all the more phenomenal that people where doing that 40 years ago. There is alot that really is taken for granted now. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, NIGEL FORD said:

Thanks Nigel for your information, I suppose you have no plans to expand your Farmall range?

• 6 months later...

Scaledown T1 Allis-Chambers Tractor

I can't seem to resist the very old Scaledown kits that appear ever so often on Auctions Sites.
This one was complete except for the instructions.  Made a stab at it but eventually had to call on Nigel Ford who came to my rescue and also provided paint and decals.  Here is it ready for priming.

IMG_2582x.thumb.jpg.4c7538a67dcf425a6a5f87a1fd0c530d.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...