Re-creating a Harvest Scene

BJW1967

I'm new to farm models really.  A couple of months ago, I just got an urge and condensed my Model Aircraft collection, freeing up a shelf in my cabinet.  I had been looking at photos I had taken over the past few years and came across the one below and wondered if anyone did a model combine like that in my photo and similarly the tractor.  The Fendt Vario was the easy one to find.  The New Holland combine not so easy, It's not a like for like to my photo, though it is close enough.  I found mine on Ebay, brand new in the box.  I think like many, I am a little disappointed the bin doesn't open up, but I'm impressed with the quality of the model.  

I've most recently acquired a MarGe New Holland T8 and am on the look out for a Vaderstad Rapid 600 or Vaderstad Carrier or Horsch Cultivator to recreate another scene. I know they've been done in 1/32, but they're not recent models

DSC03538.JPG

DSC01274.JPG

• Like 7

It's a nice combine,  but agree it's a shame the grain tank doesn't open.  One of the firms did make a 'lid' you could sit on the top of it but I don't think it's available anymore.

The Britain's Vaderstad Rapid occasionally comes up on ebay, the UH implements are harder to find but may come up eventually.  It's a shame they haven't reissued them though, they are very popular.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CX820Joe said:

It's a nice combine,  but agree it's a shame the grain tank doesn't open.  One of the firms did make a 'lid' you could sit on the top of it but I don't think it's available anymore.

The Britain's Vaderstad Rapid occasionally comes up on ebay, the UH implements are harder to find but may come up eventually.  It's a shame they haven't reissued them though, they are very popular.

Thanks.  

I've been looking on Ebay for the Vaderstad Rapid and Carrier. I did see a Horsch cultivator a few weeks back, but at the time did not realise that it was something I had seen on the back of the T8.  I had been so used to seeing it with a Sumo Trio 4.5 behind it and it was only after I saw my photo again, that I realised they had a Horsch too.DSC03372.thumb.JPG.9d75df38ba9dc573c7e1b2126f9a3792.JPG

DSC03539.JPG

• Like 4