Massey Ferguson 8740S

After 6 months of staring at the MF8740S sat on my bookshelf and knowing it didnt quite look right I finally got round to strippng it down and then improving it. The motivation comes from this models popularity locally now that the big energy company Pretoria have got 10 off them and a couple of others have shown up elsewhere on other farms. Theres no question that MF are now number 3 in the over 320hp tractor market behind runaway leaders Fendt and JD.

Firstly I took the model to pieces, removed the wheel weights and hubs and resprayed them sapphire grey.

I also removed the seat and released the cab platform to allow for a 1mm packer to raise the fenders higher over the large rear tyres.

Instant improvement!

P1080994.JPG

P1080995.JPG

Edited by phil phoenix
  • Like 1

Thanks guys.......................Well we all have our favourite MFs Jamie and I must say I never liked the 8400s bonnet design, I much prefer the current 8700S. Although I had a mate at Thurlow Estates back in the day who used to drive theyre big MFs so I got plenty of trips round the field in his 8480, also 8270 and the first 8170 in the UK which I thought was a huge tractor back in the day!

IMG_5837.JPG

Edited by phil phoenix
  • Like 2