Britains 2022 New Releases

Tractorman810

not road legal i guess as you say joe, so does make you wonder who buys them, only people i could think of would be big farms like wilts or east anglia way places where they can get from field to farm,via fields only, even in our day i could get to pretty much all the fields via another , only roads were the private ones ,which we maintained , even then they  were just crossings , guess that way its legal 

I occasionally see a tri axle trailer around my area belongs to a contractor but I can never get a photo of it to try and delve deeper, There is the odd three axle chaser bin's but they are only ever full when chasing the combine, I see via Instagram Hay farm's at Easter Rhynd have they're new JCB 8330 on their Richard Western chaser in place of the Fendt 939 that's usually on it.

Regards

Joe.

13 hours ago, catkom3 said:

It should be C&U reg spec at 8 tonne per axle Paul, so 24 tonne, not sure that's legal though on UK roads, Their web site is being updated just now, But got this off they're Facebook page,

Regards

Joe.

Kane trailer.jpg

Thankyou Joe👍

The tri-axles are legal on the road up until the point they go over 18.3ton tare weight. So a tri-axle silage trailer probably sits around the 8-10ton mark in steel depending on build quality, possibly alittle less, this means that the most you can put in one and legally travel up the road is 8-10ton of material. You're very unlikely to be able to get a full load of anything around that weight in a body that size. Theoretically therefore these would only be used on farm travelling field to field, of course there are plenty that whole heartedly flaunt these rules, and that's who buy most of these trailers. Big market out in Oz and America for these bigger trailers too!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, CX820Joe said:

I suppose the 3 axle Kane not road legal for grain but silage I imagine does not weigh as much?  Sussex Agri Power run 3 axle Baileys behind their Big X. 

Screenshot_20220727-153342_YouTube.jpg

I remember a couple of years back Ernest doe sold a Richard western sf24 tri axle grain trailer to a farm in essex.

On 7/27/2022 at 5:12 PM, Stabliofarmer said:

The tri-axles are legal on the road up until the point they go over 18.3ton tare weight. So a tri-axle silage trailer probably sits around the 8-10ton mark in steel depending on build quality, possibly alittle less, this means that the most you can put in one and legally travel up the road is 8-10ton of material. You're very unlikely to be able to get a full load of anything around that weight in a body that size. Theoretically therefore these would only be used on farm travelling field to field, of course there are plenty that whole heartedly flaunt these rules, and that's who buy most of these trailers. Big market out in Oz and America for these bigger trailers too!

If I remember correctly, the UK was about to amend these old weight laws and bring them up to date but the Civil Servants were reassigned to deal with the Brexit charlie foxtrot.

• 4 weeks later...

I did think that would happen     they are kinda taking the piss abit with this one but you know something it will be a far superior toy for the young ones than the newer models so I'm not sure what to think about it.

I'm surprised it won out the vote over the Ford 5000.  If they can produce this Valtra and also the MF... Is that telling us they have the ability to reproduce any off their tractors from the 90s and early 00s if they wanted to...? 

10 hours ago, justy 46 said:

I'm surprised it won out the vote over the Ford 5000.  If they can produce this Valtra and also the MF... Is that telling us they have the ability to reproduce any off their tractors from the 90s and early 00s if they wanted to...? 

Yes it all smells a bit fishy to me. Guess what Britain’s will be producing every year now for the next 5 years 😆

• Like 1

4 hours ago, alf aphid said:

Yes it all smells a bit fishy to me. Guess what Britain’s will be producing every year now for the next 5 years 😆

They should do a few more off  the classics from Ertls 1/32s and just add in abit more detail.  Big scope there for them.  

23 hours ago, justy 46 said:

Come up to Moira and meet the Britains Marketing team. It'll all make sense then.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, justy 46 said:

They should do a few more off  the classics from Ertls 1/32s and just add in abit more detail.  Big scope there for them.  

Totally agree justy. A john deere 6400 or 6610 and what I want...a ford / fiat genies tractor (8970 or G240)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, IH885XLMAN said:

Bring back ertls IH 784  but in 2wd  

I cant believe valtra was chosen over a ford 5000 and im not a big ford fan but hey ..  ...as for the voting  i thought it was a fix to br fair but thats my taste ha ha! 

Trouble is those old castings that we look back through rose tinted spectacles at, just wouldn’t cut it today, they are largely crude and often not accurately scaled. Old castings are exactly that, don’t mess with the past- look to the future !! 😉

regarding the voting. I too cannot believe for one minute the Valtra was chosen. Not a popular brand by comparison to anything Ford or Massey. I suspect someone tripped over the mould in the store room ! 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, alf aphid said:

Trouble is those old castings that we look back through rose tinted spectacles at, just wouldn’t cut it today, they are largely crude and often not accurately scaled. Old castings are exactly that, don’t mess with the past- look to the future !! 😉

regarding the voting. I too cannot believe for one minute the Valtra was chosen. Not a popular brand by comparison to anything Ford or Massey. I suspect someone tripped over the mould in the store room ! 

I think it was more to do with the voting system than anything else as a lot of folk just mindlessly like voting posts not considering what options are actually available 

• Like 2