Metamorphosis of UH ZETOR 8011 to URSUS C-385

Hi guys. All started in my head some time ago when decided to make a copy of a farm where i grew up. Polish diorama need Polish tractor or eastern manufacturers products.

Unfortunately there's no more ursus or zetors on market in colours which were available in Poland back in the days.

Have to explain both tractors are same except few details like door opening side colour and unfortunately quality. Zetor always where better assembled tractor with attention to quality. Don't compare both with western production ;). But i can't say any bad word about ursus tractors which we had in Our yard. Cut off metal mud guards and install  rubber ones.

Had to strip out whole chassis. Paint it yellow. Modified front part of bonnet and install light outside. Modified awful rear 3pt link. Mine is not really better because bottom links needs to be shorter.

ursus-c-385.jpg.f174412d7dcb70373f7616ed13e77ebf.jpg

IMG_5851.JPG

IMG_5858.JPG

IMG_5859.JPG

IMG_5860.JPG

IMG_5862.JPG

c-385_l.jpg

Edited by dr-abich
  • Like 7

Hi all,

Well Dominik, seems you've done a good job so far!?
It occurs to me however that your yellow color might be a bit too yellow, i.m.h.o.
On the bottom picure at least it seems to be more of a combination between some brown and yellow.
Although both brands (Zetor and Ursus) were available in those days, talking about he '80's, when we were youngsters (😁), it never occured to me that the doors were opening on different sides (front or rear), as you mention. Funny!
Whenever you would like to have some better suiting hitches or 3-point linkages, take a look at this French supplier: www.artisan32.com

Good luck with the last details!

Best regards,
Jan

Jan You have a right about colour comparing to one from pictures but Ursus  in deluxe version was available in this colour. This was export version. We had C-360 in this yellow with blue body. Polish version had a RAL1033. MIne is RAL1017(it should be ;) )

If its going about rear 3pt links its mounted too far on the back . Its due to fact UH did too long gearbox/diff and i was in rush to prepare this model for Spalding show and i did bad measurements.  I'm happy from 3pt link itself coz its made from steel. 

• Like 1