AP cabbed ford

OPU cabs were never fitted to Ford tractors ;) Ford fitted AP and LP cabs.

The cabs were built by Sekura and also fitted to International, David Brown and Deutz tractors as a luxury cab. OPU (Operator Protection Unit) were fitted to deere tractors, again as a luxury option in place of the Duncan cab in the UK. Later the cab became standard fitment and finally becoming the low cost option LP cab.

80IH784.jpg

78DB1412.jpg

78DF7206Special.jpg

80JD1640.jpg

86Ford3910MkII.jpg

Tractor was a rental for many years and was rebuilt after a roll over rough time up norfolk way.Insurance campany wrote her off so was rebuilt from odds and sods and is now working up winter hay lane off the books I might add. ;)  :)

Looks fine to me mjb.

OPU cabs were never fitted to Ford tractors ;) Ford fitted AP and LP cabs.

The cabs were built by Sekura and also fitted to International, David Brown and Deutz tractors as a luxury cab. OPU (Operator Protection Unit) were fitted to deere tractors, again as a luxury option in place of the Duncan cab in the UK. Later the cab became standard fitment and finally becoming the low cost option LP cab.

80IH784.jpg

78DB1412.jpg

78DF7206Special.jpg

80JD1640.jpg

86Ford3910MkII.jpg

sorry euro deere but we cant see those images come up but OPU ,AP ,& internationals & David browns LUXURY cabs where all made in the same era and by secura

just renamed and restyeld to the make of tractor the rollover frame is identical

on all of them sekura did the same with the explorers with DB CASE and marshall

Anybody else not see the pics I linked?

My point was ironic! I know they are all the same cab and from the same era, just with different names and two different styles of cab roof. Just each company liked to personalise the cab by having their own name for it. Also just trying to say the cab started out as luxury then was deemed to be standard and finally looked on as economy and basic as cab developement progressed.

My point was ironic! I know they are all the same cab and from the same era, just with different names and two different styles of cab roof. Just each company liked to personalise the cab by having their own name for it. Also just trying to say the cab started out as luxury then was deemed to be standard and finally looked on as economy and basic as cab developement progressed.

i know , that the cabs were all the same basic design but when i started it i thought ' i know i'll build an OPU cab for one of the fords'

I can see your pics, I know them as "the cabs you don't see very often on fords"  ::);)

MJB1

You've made the same error yet again, Ford NEVER fitted an OPU to their tractors, they fitted LP and AP cabs !!!!!!! Deere had an OPU cab not Ford, or IH or Deutz or DB et al.

I KNOW the cab i saw in my head was an OPU cab & thought to myself those cabs were on fords as well as i don't have a deere to fit one to ::)

at the end of the day it's a secura cab ! no matter what it's fitted to LP, AP, DE-LUX, OPU ,call it what you like it's still the same cab , the only difference throughout it's build time as far as i can see is the way the doors opened  ::)

& probably like yer self i've driven enough of them to know that whatever they're fitted to they're all the same  :D