Hi all,

I purchased myself a used seeder from Britains, the one probably well known, but not in my collection as a kid, i saw a whole lot of similarities between the original brand (Nordsten) and the one i was familiar to, Fiona, as i've worked for a Dutch importing-company which had this in its assortment.
So, goal was to try to make a copy of a Fiona seeder, based on the Nordsten.

Making new decals was quite easy, and a new layer of paint and laquer also.
So i will only show you the results:

IMG_8150.thumb.JPG.78020bf16dc5deed60ec1eafa8131fb3.JPG

IMG_8151.thumb.JPG.998fccf87b0b185c366413c97893f73b.JPG

It's a bit blurry, but goal is to show you the knob for setting the right seeding-distance.

IMG_8152.thumb.JPG.57189f423a50331cb51cf8fc9b0eab06.JPG

IMG_8153.thumb.JPG.3e321fa8716521cad907538afbffbb13.JPG

Hope you like it!?

Best regards,
Jan

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

I've cast some more of the coulters/ row units so I can one day make the staggered double row setup that the real ones have. I intend doing a STEGSTED which is also similar with tractor-grip wheels(in-hand for decades!) that we used for 20 years or so and later ran a piggy-back FIONA on top of the 3m ROTERRA that our 2nd secondhand FORD7600 pre-Q cab powered.

• Like 2

On 6/22/2022 at 7:40 PM, Hajo said:

Nice conversion Jan, I like you also added some details to it. Did all the plastic parts come off easily without snapping in half after 40+ years?

Hi Hajo (and others),

Thank you for your replies. I indeed like to make models more special by adding details. This is what distinguishes them from the rest.
The plastic parts indeed came off without any problem, always being careful with such activities may help.... 😉

Best regards,
Jan