Massey 265, 290 & 595

9 minutes ago, justy 46 said:

I'm looking at the Duncan cab on the 265 and a potential County 4600 FOUR springs to mind John... 😁

Funnily enough Justin, that cab was built a while ago to go on to a Roadless, but I never got around to it. However, I’ve got a few more cabs underway now as like you say they were often fitted to Ford’s, Massey’s, some John Deere’s and even some of the the bigger Zetor’s,  which I definitely think is a future build!

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, 844john said:

Funnily enough Justin, that cab was built a while ago to go on to a Roadless, but I never got around to it. However, I’ve got a few more cabs underway now as like you say they were often fitted to Ford’s, Massey’s, some John Deere’s and even some of the the bigger Zetor’s,  which I definitely think is a future build!

Alot off potential with that cab John. So many various tractor had them. There is a 290 2wd down the road from me with that cab. The MFs were the main tractor over here with it.  I got a snap off a JD 2130 also with one at a local vintage show 2 weeks ago.  You may have seen it on my Vintage tractor show tread... 

https://farmtoysforum.com/topic/25659-justys-tractor-pics-working-eventsvintageshows/

Edited by justy 46
  • Like 1

John i recon you could educate allot of us on here with all your measureing and cutting tequneques  these are just brilliant  to look at it even reminds me of the britains proto type stages of the classucs like thecford 5000 dsvid brown 996s and 1210s  totaly stunning pal

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, 844john said:

Count me in if you ever want to do a Duncan cab production run for the UH Ford 5000 chassis. We had a Duncan cabbed 6600 on the farm. Was one of the tractors I learned to drive on.

Edited by New Hollander
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, IH885XLMAN said:

John i recon you could educate allot of us on here with all your measureing and cutting tequneques  these are just brilliant  to look at it even reminds me of the britains proto type stages of the classucs like thecford 5000 dsvid brown 996s and 1210s  totaly stunning pal

Thanks Nigel, there’s nothing fancy to how I work mind, I’m sure it’s very primitive compared to a lot of people, but it sort of works for me👍

10 hours ago, SPN said:

Absolutely stunning John.

Should you decide to do an 1135, I'd be very happy to take it off your hands.

Thanks Stan, never thought of an 1135 if I’m honest. As a child I had (well still have actually) it’s bigger brother, a 1/16 Ertl 1155 and I always loved the look of it, especially with that big V8 under the bonnet. Just what I need, more ideas for another build🤣

I'd be the first to confess John that reds aren't for me but credit where credit is due, again you done a great job building yet more stunning models of less seen cab variants... Hats off to you, for thinking outside the box and cracking on, and with results like this who would complain if it's old school craftsmanship with a scalpel or the modern version done by Lazer or 3d print the models speak for themselves, a genuine bloke with a genuine skill... Well done 👌👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

I'd be the first to confess John that reds aren't for me but credit where credit is due, again you done a great job building yet more stunning models of less seen cab variants... Hats off to you, for thinking outside the box and cracking on, and with results like this who would complain if it's old school craftsmanship with a scalpel or the modern version done by Lazer or 3d print the models speak for themselves, a genuine bloke with a genuine skill... Well done 👌👍

Thanks Paul, that’s very kind. Hopefully there’s still a good place for us dinosaurs 🤣

• Like 1

5 hours ago, alf aphid said:

Long time no see John! Glad to see you are not slowing down!! If only the mainstream manufacturers could pump them out as quick as you. Great builds. What else is on the cards these days ? Hope all well. 

Morning Alastair, yes we’re good thanks. We all had a dose of Covid just recently (ironic as I hardly ever leave the farm, but the wife had it first!) but we’re over it now, how are you keeping? There does seem to have been quite a few builds leave my bench this past few months, but I think getting up a silly o clock on a morning no doubt helps🤣 At present I’ve a batch of Muir Hill’s almost finished, along with some more Massey’s and Leyland’s, then I’ve got a few interesting one-off builds to tackle, so there’s never a dull moment 😉

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...