CLAAS 960 AXION stage v Wiking.

I sprayed the radiator and side grills matt black on the inside so that the mesh is still visible on the outside but its no longer see through.

The cab rear posts and hinges also got painted black to match in, along with the underside of the rear fenders.

P1090471 (1).JPG

P1090473.JPG

P1090472.JPG

Edited by phil phoenix
  • Like 1

I refitted the exhaust which was on too much of a slant, but now just a little lean backwards like the real thing.  I had considered spraying it black but the chrome effect was more tasteful than on the 660 model so I decided to keep it.  Besides the farmer up the road has one on his new 920 tractor😎

P1090476.JPG

IMG_6921.JPG

• Like 3

Next up I sprayed the wheels with some new Claas red spray, which was far better than the dull crud I bought last time.

The old style wheel weights were removed which left the three big holes beneath it, so I had to use a new pair of wheel weights to cover them, and to be honest the model looks great with them.  The 960 with the impressive new style exhaust is almost as big as a Fendt 1050!!!

I painted the rear light cluster with some silver dots for effect. All thats left is a few decals to add which I havent got yet but the rest is finished.

P1090477.JPG

P1090484.JPG

P1090482.JPG

P1090483.JPG

P1090480.JPG

• Like 3