T6090+assistance

CBSCR1960

new to this forum, but cant seem to track down certain models.The UH New holland t6090 power command is currently my number 1 target. A krone big M mark 2, TX66 and maybe some of those classic kane trailers Brtians made a few years ago and yet i didnt pick up. but im not in a rush to buy any of those

I have had the Replicagri TM 155 but i think the Colour is slightly to bright and the Decal on the side seems a bit rudimentary . does anyone have any tips on how to possible rectify this issue

if anyone has ever made a Ford 4600 With Fritzmeier Mk2 cab id love to see it/know how to make one

thanks 

Hi Cathal,

Welcome to the Forum.

T6090s are very hard come by.  I can't remember the last time I saw one for sale.

I'm not sure about the Big M, I'll keep an eye out on my travels.

The ROS TX66 does appear in various places from time to time, but it is not a great model. UH have a TX66 planned, but we've been waiting more than 2 years for it to arrive.

Justin will be along shortly to get your signature on his MAKE A 4600 ALREADY!!! petition. 🤣

He'll be delighted to have a new ally.

I'd strongly recommend travelling to the Moira Farm Model Show near Belfast at the end of October.  You can find anything/everything for sale there. Just bring twice as much money as you can afford, in Sterling, because it will all find a home. On the other hand, yon buck Quarteng will have halved the value of Sterling by then, so it might all work out for the best and we'll get great value when we travel up.

• Like 1

Fair enought. i have been searching for a year or two with no real results popping up. obviously when production stopped years ago these things become hard to find. although certain things were easier. i have seen very few Britains FX60 models too but i still managed to pick one up for conversion. I hope there isint one of those planned or that 80 odd quid down the drain potentially!!!

Is there is any other New Holland/Ford/Fiat projects that are not yet released that ought to know about? no idea there was a TX66 planned. 

I'll gladly sign a Make a 4600 petition. but even so i doubt any of these mainstream manufactures would put a Fritzmeier Cab on it. in which case ill still will have to try some sort of scratchbuild? i have a 6600 for this reason. as much as they were revolutionary at the time, I was never a fan of the look of the the Q bubble cab. 

Belfast NI is a long spin from Cork! and im busy in dublin that weekend anyway which is a shame as from my experience. going to these sort of events is the job for finding hard to come-by models for more reasonable prices. I model Tractors and Irish Railways and in the last few years, Private dealers have been a helpful asset in getting the Railway Side up to scratch. 

Thanks

Cathal

Welcome to the forum Cathal.  Best thing to do with a 4600 is get a Britains 6600 and shorten it. You might source the wheels from an Atlas 5000 and it's skid may also do the job as opposed to the Britains 6600. But you will still need the bonnet and grill from the 6600 anyway. The Fritz cab is a tricky one. Nearest thing are the cabs on some off the Weise Deutz tractors and Henri Walker will set you up with the stickers. 

I done a Q cab 4600 a few years back. But a Fritzemeir was always my aim.. But never got to it.. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, justy 46 said:

Welcome to the forum Cathal.  Best thing to do with a 4600 is get a Britains 6600 and shorten it. You might source the wheels from an Atlas 5000 and it's skid may also do the job as opposed to the Britains 6600. But you will still need the bonnet and grill from the 6600 anyway. The Fritz cab is a tricky one. Nearest thing are the cabs on some off the Weise Deutz tractors and Henri Walker will set you up with the stickers. 

I done a Q cab 4600 a few years back. But a Fritzemeir was always my aim.. But never got to it.. 

so ideally i should look for a Broken Weise Deutz and hope that it proporitally lines up? although I suppose the Mudguards would have to be custom made. the prospect of 3D printing one has always been attractive to me in spite of obvious finish issues. ill probobly end up making some sort of comprimise as i dont have the skills yet to go of scratchbuilding one. if i ever wanted to made one with an original ford loader, id have to scratchbuild that anyway. if i made one i would probobly forget about the back window assembly that some Fritzmeier Cabs had. finding photos of these are actually hard enough but this 7600 has one https://cmstractorparts.com/partpage/1437-090322-182659158/ford-7600-4wd-complete-vehicle. ours is one of the many that thankfully hasnt this setup. If my father has his way we'll be getting off off our neighbours scrapped one.....aka not good when thats the Tractor your trying to replicate!

6 minutes ago, Jack390 said:

Hi Cathal, I’m sure I heard of a t6090 for sale recently from Craig Pitman although I could be wrong.

that'd be great if i could get my hands on a decent example. biggest hole in my current collection. and ive only a couple of "propper collectors" models 

Closest thing for a Fritzemeir is one off these, but still not a 100% and very expensive to chop up. I've seen a picture off a 3D printed one before on an old JD 30 Series at a show in Holland on the forum. Someone in Holland does do them.. But who it is... Not sure.? 

Screenshot_20220925_223211_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg

Screenshot_20220925_224719_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg

Edited by justy 46
  • Like 1

Im afriad the first gen Fritzmeier wont do. I dont have a good relationship with them as we keep getting parts for the wrong cab (some parts are not interchangable between both generations of cabs). I would say the next best option is to learn 3D modelling....or try to take the cab of a +60 quid model and try to horse it onto the 6600. neither of which are very attractive options (Sigh) welcome to moddeling 

in the short term ill probobly just stick to the Q cab inspite of the fact i think there not the best looking yokes. i have seen a 4600 modifed to have a Super-Q cab once to my amusment! 

IMG_3788.jpg.72e91f80eb5f6327a2839a4a95257e06.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CBSCR1960 said:

Im afriad the first gen Fritzmeier wont do. I dont have a good relationship with them as we keep getting parts for the wrong cab (some parts are not interchangable between both generations of cabs). I would say the next best option is to learn 3D modelling....or try to take the cab of a +60 quid model and try to horse it onto the 6600. neither of which are very attractive options (Sigh) welcome to moddeling 

in the short term ill probobly just stick to the Q cab inspite of the fact i think there not the best looking yokes. i have seen a 4600 modifed to have a Super-Q cab once to my amusment! 

IMG_3788.jpg.72e91f80eb5f6327a2839a4a95257e06.jpg

My father years ago had a Fritzemeir cab 4600 identical to that one above on a Tanco front loader. He bought it new from Colemans in Millstreet in 1981. My uncle then took it and it was sold on to a guy from Limerick around 2005 ish.. It was a great little tractor.  

Edited by justy 46
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, justy 46 said:

My father years ago had a Fritzemeir cab 4600 identical to that one above on a Tanco front loader. He bought it new from Colemans in Millstreet in 1981. My uncle then took it and it was sold on to a guy from Limerick around 2005 ish.. It was a great little tractor.  

The one above is ours. worked every day since she was bought in 1981. i think the front loader is an origional ford loader but it was modified in the 90s to decrease the reach but increase the strength. in bad need of restoration job as things are starting to fail!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CBSCR1960 said:

Another thing im wondering in relation to my Britians FX60. the Silage header is obviously horendously out of proportion. has anyone here got a guide to "fix" this issue.

I narrowed mine. I'll take some pictures for you. In hindsight it should have been a bit more narrow but you get the idea.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Jack390 said:

Hi Cathal, I’m sure I heard of a t6090 for sale recently from Craig Pitman although I could be wrong.

I found one on that facebook page alright, it was incomplete. was quoted near to £200...is that what these things really go for???

24 minutes ago, New Hollander said:

I narrowed mine. I'll take some pictures for you. In hindsight it should have been a bit more narrow but you get the idea.

I have seen a fair few do it. and to be fair it ruins a pretty sound set-up

It's now just as wide as the forage harvester. Check out pics on the internet of the FX with grass header on or technical data for the correct width. I think you can see the cutting lines on the pics. The middle section should be lower but I could live with it like this. You can decrease the width slicing a bit off the chain cases or off the side frame so that the chain case falls over it. I glued the auger and pickup so they don't turn anymore. Make sure the auger goes in the right way. Just feel free to ask.

Edited by New Hollander
  • Like 1

That's a US spec header, hence it's much wider than the 3 metre headers we have in Europe.

I bought a spare header at Moira one of the years, but haven't chopped it to 3m yet.  Model Farmer used to do a 3m header for the Norscott Jaguar 880/900, another purchase at Moira one of the years.

Another option might be to buy the Marge 3m pickup which is sold seperately, but the colour scheme is different.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SPN said:

That's a US spec header, hence it's much wider than the 3 metre headers we have in Europe.

I bought a spare header at Moira one of the years, but haven't chopped it to 3m yet.  Model Farmer used to do a 3m header for the Norscott Jaguar 880/900, another purchase at Moira one of the years.

Another option might be to buy the Marge 3m pickup which is sold seperately, but the colour scheme is different.

I see that floating around. It’s a step to modern for the Fx. I have the Siku jaguar and wanted to get the model farmer header for a whole but never got round to it.

11 hours ago, New Hollander said:

It's now just as wide as the forage harvester. Check out pics on the internet of the FX with grass header on or technical data for the correct width. I think you can see the cutting lines on the pics. The middle section should be lower but I could live with it like this. You can decrease the width slicing a bit off the chain cases or off the side frame so that the chain case falls over it. I glued the auger and pickup so they don't turn anymore. Make sure the auger goes in the right way. Just feel free to ask.

I don’t mind locking up all those moving parts tbh. You’ve made a fine job of it. I might not even go that technical and chop off what looks right on each end. 

On 9/27/2022 at 11:00 AM, New Hollander said:

Looking back it might be easier to cut out a piece next to the middle section, but you have to be able to make a clean straight cut. Use the pickup for alignment of the sides. Keep the cross beams at the top front.

thnks to the help of the above user newhollander. i have managed to track down a pretty reasonably priced, reasonable condition Big M mark 2.....ill have to start moving on some of my siku/britians stuff pronto!

i have been quoted 3 prices for T6090s. £180, £140 and 70 euros. so clearly a huge gap in what people think there worth.....but at least they arent extinct!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

D87076BA-B510-4E13-B499-99AD171959BF.thumb.jpeg.4fd1f20052e3b5f86e60d755f8aa9c64.jpeg

after fixing up 1 or 2 things…..the Big M is almost all fixed up (the front chain is the only nightmare issue which I’m trying to fix with wire) 

this leaves 1 down and possibly 1 more to go. Somone has offered to swap the below model for my Britain’s T7.220, if I can fix it when it arived it could end up being a bargain. (Flashing light, glue marks and a seemingly cracked front window) while the window is probobly fecked…the glue marks and the beacons may be salvageable 

11 hours ago, CBSCR1960 said:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CBSCR1960 said:

D87076BA-B510-4E13-B499-99AD171959BF.thumb.jpeg.4fd1f20052e3b5f86e60d755f8aa9c64.jpeg

after fixing up 1 or 2 things…..the Big M is almost all fixed up (the front chain is the only nightmare issue which I’m trying to fix with wire) 

this leaves 1 down and possibly 1 more to go. Somone has offered to swap the below model for my Britain’s T7.220, if I can fix it when it arived it could end up being a bargain. (Flashing light, glue marks and a seemingly cracked front window) while the window is probobly fecked…the glue marks and the beacons may be salvageable 

good to hear you could fix the broken parts. Already thought it wasn't too big of a deal. 

I have watched the T6090 too but couldn't quite figure out what was all wrong with it. You missed the handrail on the back window. The cab needs to come off for that. I'm not sure but it also looks like there's something wrong with the black cab part over the right wheel arch but you'd have to ask the seller. Pieter has the flashing lights New Holland T6 zwaailicht van UH - Pieter H. Dijkstra (pieterhdijkstra.nl). Other parts suppliers may also have them. For the removal of glue marks use Google but be careful that it doesn't ruin the paint. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, New Hollander said:

good to hear you could fix the broken parts. Already thought it wasn't too big of a deal. 

I have watched the T6090 too but couldn't quite figure out what was all wrong with it. You missed the handrail on the back window. The cab needs to come off for that. I'm not sure but it also looks like there's something wrong with the black cab part over the right wheel arch but you'd have to ask the seller. Pieter has the flashing lights New Holland T6 zwaailicht van UH - Pieter H. Dijkstra (pieterhdijkstra.nl). Other parts suppliers may also have them. For the removal of glue marks use Google but be careful that it doesn't ruin the paint. 

Looks like the front window is cracked…..the exhaust looks bent forward 

how easy is it to remove the cab on these models? 

3 hours ago, CBSCR1960 said:

Looks like the front window is cracked…..the exhaust looks bent forward 

how easy is it to remove the cab on these models? 

Bonnet off then there is a screw under the bonnet and screws above the rear wheels, cab should then come off

Edited by Paul Palmer
Spelling
  • Like 1