Britains David Brown 990 red

Egbert

Hello,

Apologies if someone has posted something on these somewhere already - I had a quick look but couldn't see anything.

I have a red Britains 990. It's nice enough apart from the somewhat graceless steering and rear linkage. Has anyone ever converted one to improve it a bit - i.e. fit a nicer front axle or rear links? The back linkage in particular is rubbish, as well as looking horrible it cannot take any weight.

Here it is:

IMG_20221011_102458.jpg

IMG_20221011_102507.jpg

• Like 3

That came out in the late 90s or early 2000s, it was a Britain's 'Elite' and wasn't in the catalogue very long.  I remember selling mine for something like £62 which I thought was astonishing at the time  - that was many years ago.  The back end is pretty terrible I agree, but that would be one model Britain's should resurrect into their classic range, with an improved rear of course.  I remember getting the Universal Hobbies Renault Atles at the same time, and couldn't believe the size difference.

10 hours ago, WHITESNAKE01 said:

Never knew Britains made this one..........
Are you sure it's a Britains??

The rear hitch doesn't look to be Britains at all, i.m.h.o.

BR
Jan

Yes it was from the ertl stable originally. I too bought one to modify but needless to say it still sits untouched! Britains also did quite a nice 900 red and blue in their vintage run. Worth looking out for if you don’t already have.