Info request - County FC 1174/1184

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New set of questions, if you can answer any, that would be great...

Did all county 1174s with blue bodywork have blue cabs or was a white cab an option?...I've seen a few but wonder if this was standard ???

What colour is the cab interior? is the frame the same as the external? what about control panels etc?

I notice many have had the fuel tanks between the wheels removed and instead have a tank on the front platform....was this a factory option?

And lastly, the 1174 appears to have come with either the 6600 style grill or a rectangular affair...when did the swap occur?

here you go rob  ;)

this is a pic of the FC that i used to drive , believe me there's nothing that would stop it .

look carefully at the lights & you'll see how deep the mud was that i had to travel through , on the back is a 1500ltr vacum tank built specialy for this machine , this is a W reg & the other was a V reg , not the best thing to have to work in all day , but at home time she'd get up to 18-19 mph.

on the rear is a 3 leg howard paraplow adapted to inject sludge / raw sewage to a depth of 18ins when it was time to move fields , a county 1184 was used to tow the sludge holding tank after me , the tank was an old artic tanker.

If the 1184 wasn't available i'd have to get someone out in the pick-up to take the paraplow & i'd have to tow the holding tank myself .

the tank on the front corner opposite the cab is an oil resorvior for the vac pump . the fuel tanks on this & the other were between the wheels , one on each side & had a pipe running between them for self leveling .

mine was fitted with "sugar cane" type tread tyres & the V reg was fitted with "michelin MX's"

only real problem with theses machines was if it got jammed in gear one of the front wheels had to be removed , not often happened on this one ,but the selectors were worn on the v reg ,so you'd have to be very carefull when selecting them.can't read it from here  but all dawes tractors had the drivers name on the door, & this one has mine on it  ;D

pic taken in 1991, in a field next to the A37 on the fosse way heading from yeovil > shepton mallet

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I hope to put a rear discharge muck spreader on it (no-ones yet responded to the question about dimensions in the bergman spreader thread though :( ) but whatever I put on, it will be detachable. This FC doesn't have a  3 point linkage and the rear frame is slightly longer (based on a real working example, which had a front tank). I'm hesitant to make the side tanks because if I did, I would want them in resin so if I wanted to make more FCs I would not have to remake them each time because they will be a pain - so I may fit a removable front tank to this one, which in the future may be changed.

• 3 months later...