Britains 2023 New Releases

Tractorman810

It would really surprise me if Britains ever brought out the 74 / 84 / 85 series. These tractors were mainly sold in English speaking countries and not very much on the European continent. France and Germany had their own IH factories where they produced the 33 and 44 series, or derivatives. I believe the continent is where the main 1/32 market is.

• Like 2

I dunno TBH apparently their export sales  was very high 

Anyway ros can do fiat volvo 

Uh can too 

Why cant britains do the doncasters technicaly they did (ertl) the 784  

And volvo BMs had allot of busness with wheatley hall or car hill  the one BM tractor was a IH 475 ok it had perkins motor ha ha! 

Britains done the Ford 5000,7000, 6600 and 7600 which were the Basildon models and also the David Brown's.. I can't see why Doncaster IHs can't be done. To be fair the Britains they focus on UK and Irish produced machinery. Its not all about mainland Europe with them. 

All valid points. New Hollander is right, the Doncaster iH were primarily sold in UK / Irish market. With France, German and Us factories catering for their own markets. 

that said Britains have produced plenty of products that are fairly niche in the past. Take for example a Kane trailer! They are not even that common in the uk compared to many others. 

The Doncaster IH tractors were sold right across the World, especially in the colonies (including USA), Africa, Middle East and Far East.

I would have thought that Replicagri might be the best bet to make a 474/574/674 as they already have a huge number of IH licences as well as the New Holland 60/M/TM licences.

The Kane models, like many OEM models, are part funded by the OEM's marketing department. A lot of models we see are chosen by the marketing people to meet their objectives, such as launching new models or upgrades.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SPN said:

The Doncaster IH tractors were sold right across the World, especially in the colonies (including USA), Africa, Middle East and Far East.

I would have thought that Replicagri might be the best bet to make a 474/574/674 as they already have a huge number of IH licences as well as the New Holland 60/M/TM licences.

The Kane models, like many OEM models, are part funded by the OEM's marketing department. A lot of models we see are chosen by the marketing people to meet their objectives, such as launching new models or upgrades.

You´re correct about the Doncaster IH tractors but my point is that the market for these tractors and 1/32 models only overlaps in the UK and Ireland. That might be a too small basis for Britains. Replicagri can milk moulds with their IH and NH 60-series licenses, at reasonable prices. Am I correct that the 74 / 84 /85 / 95 have the same basis? Maybe that might convince Replicagri. 

The skid unit developed by IH in the 70’s for the 74 series was still around relatively unchanged well into the 90’s, passing through the 84, 85 and 95 series and finally finding its way under the 4200’s, so there’s certainly plenty of scope for milking the moulds! However, I do agree that although these tractor ranges were exported around the globe, rightly or wrongly they don’t seem to have the ‘appeal’ today of say the Massey 100’s or the Ford’s of the same era. Also as has been suggested, Europe were very protective of the IH tractors that they built at the time, hence why the Doncaster models never really gained a foot hold on the continent, so although some of the parts such as the XL cab have already been produced by Replicagri, I can’t see them going down the road of a Doncaster model. As for Britains and the direction they seem to be heading in at present, we’ll who can make sense of what they do most of the time anyway?😉

• Like 2

Europe being very protective of the IH tractors that they built at the time? Wouldn´t the same go the other way around then? Think it had more to do with that IH decided which tractors were best suited for and went to which market. For example the 40-series were produced in Doncaster but never made it to the UK market afaik.

Here in Holland we had both German and British, not sure if we also had French. WHITESNAKE01 might be able to tell more. Sorry to say, but British IH did not have a good reputation here. The Germans far outsold the British. BTW the British, now from Basildon, still supply the Doncaster markets. The Germans lost in the end. (`Don´t mention the war´ 😄)

Edited by New Hollander
  • Haha 2

On 1/10/2023 at 12:31 AM, New Hollander said:

Europe being very protective of the IH tractors that they built at the time? Wouldn´t the same go the other way around then? Think it had more to do with that IH decided which tractors were best suited for and went to which market. For example the 40-series were produced in Doncaster but never made it to the UK market afaik.

Here in Holland we had both German and British, not sure if we also had French. WHITESNAKE01 might be able to tell more. Sorry to say, but British IH did not have a good reputation here. The Germans far outsold the British. BTW the British, now from Basildon, still supply the Doncaster markets. The Germans lost in the end. (`Don´t mention the war´ 😄)

Hi,

I mostly agree with you New Hollander.
I've worked for the importing company for about 8 years, and saw the quality of the German models decreasing after the production line was moved from Neuss Germany to Doncaster. This of course was because Neuss had to produce the new Maxxum-series.
The story went that for instance the XL-cabs, made in France originally, had to cross the North Sea channel twice, and due to that, they already were rusting at arrival. A couple of employees from Doncaster came to fix up the cabs, to get rid of the rust..............Salty water and metal sheet clearly don't match........
About sales-numbers: we sold the '85-series, which evolved to the '95-series, and later on to the 3200 and 4200-series. But numbers didn't came anywhere selling numbers of the German versions. Even though the U.K.-tractors were quite cheaper.......
Reading a lot of posts here on this forum has made me frown my eyebrows regularly 'cause i've seen type-numbers getting by which even i didn't know existed......
Probably older typenumbers from pre-'85-series era.
No hard feelings to the U.K. though, but i asume a manufacturer of scalemodels, like U.H. for instance, tries to get salesnumbers as high as possible, so wil aim for a large market. And that is simply the world-market.

We will see what happens. As long as there is movement, we should not loose hope!!

Have a nice day!

BR
Jan

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/9/2023 at 11:31 PM, New Hollander said:

Are the CASE tractors for the EU market not made by Steyr at St Valentin?

I thought it was just the US market CASE models that were made by NH at Basildon

5 minutes ago, SPN said:

Are the CASE tractors for the EU market not made by Steyr at St Valentin?

I thought it was just the US market CASE models that were made by NH at Basildon

Not just US. Also Australia, Canada, NZ, etc. Case tractors for the EU market are indeed made in Austria. Not sure about Ireland, but maybe the members here can tell.

You can not always tell with certainty, even within the same range(basic vs luxury). For example Africa gets CNH tractors from Basildon, USA, India, Italy, Turkey and Brazil.