AliExpress - Is it worth it?

Evening folks, 

I wasn't sure if any of you on here have used AliExpress, when buying models from china ( these have most probably been taken from the factory production line at some point) I'm after a couple of well discontinued models and wasn't sure if it was worth the risk, even with buyers protection in place?

They seem reasonably priced and some very cheap?

cant say i have heard of them before, have bought some cheap stuff from a Chinese seller or two via ebay in the past, like the returned mf 3120’s (duff exhaust ones) and a few others, which have prob been rejected for some reason.but i use them for parts so doesn't matter to me .

• Thanks 1

Hi,

To be honest: i really have only good experiences with them. Only thing is you should be aware of extra Custom-costs probably, at least when buying above a certain amount (try to find out what amount, saves you from disappointment).
I do buy a lot of scale-modelling stuff there, for airbrush etcetera, some electronic parts, but never have bought any models.
The "Buyers Protection" really works: they give you sort of guarantee for a delivery-period. When that has past, and you're in time for reclamation, they will absolutely refund you! Here also only positive experiences!
I can only say i'm a 100% satisfied up until now, purchasing at them for about 5 or 6 years now.

To my opinion: give it a shot!

Good Luck!

BR
Jan

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, WHITESNAKE01 said:

Hi,

To be honest: i really have only good experiences with them. Only thing is you should be aware of extra Custom-costs probably, at least when buying above a certain amount (try to find out what amount, saves you from disappointment).
I do buy a lot of scale-modelling stuff there, for airbrush etcetera, some electronic parts, but never have bought any models.
The "Buyers Protection" really works: they give you sort of guarantee for a delivery-period. When that has past, and you're in time for reclamation, they will absolutely refund you! Here also only positive experiences!
I can only say i'm a 100% satisfied up until now, purchasing at them for about 5 or 6 years now.

To my opinion: give it a shot!

Good Luck!

BR
Jan

Perfect thank you for your help! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...