How to remove the rear wheels from the newer models

ericalee

I'm sure that this has been asked many times but, I can't find the info.

I have broken up a very distressed New Holland TM 160. The only good thing about it is the wheels and hubs.

Apart from drilling out the hubs, is there way to easily remove the wheels, preferably without damaging them

27 minutes ago, ericalee said:

I'm sure that this has been asked many times but, I can't find the info.

I have broken up a very distressed New Holland TM 160. The only good thing about it is the wheels and hubs.

Apart from drilling out the hubs, is there way to easily remove the wheels, preferably without damaging them

Are you talking about Replicagri or Britains? For Replicagri:

rear wheels: just twist and pull

front wheels: pop off the hub and there's a screw

I'm talking about Britains' and the newer models which don't have an axle. I've employed the grip and twist technique for many years on the models that do have an axle.

The central hub is metal and seems to be a rivet of sorts. Obviously, without this hub, the wheel then isn't as useful.

As can be seen in the photo attached, I've tried gripping it in a pair of pliers but only end up chewing up the paintwork.

When the model is split in half it might be possible to drill it out from the inside but, this is what I'm trying to avoid.

20230311_130824.jpg

those normally just pull off as you pull the wheel, they are a plastic, and just push in. used on the later massey 6140/80 chassis, the new hollands (6635 and tm’s ) chassis like that, also some of the late tw fords/the 5610 with big wheels .  maybe someone has super glued them in ,as they did used to get a bit loose if removed a few times, never had any stuck in my experience so far, just pulled out  with the wheel , 

2 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

those normally just pull off as you pull the wheel, they are a plastic, and just push in. used on the later massey 6140/80 chassis, the new hollands (6635 and tm’s ) chassis like that, also some of the late tw fords/the 5610 with big wheels .  maybe someone has super glued them in ,as they did used to get a bit loose if removed a few times, never had any stuck in my experience so far, just pulled out  with the wheel , 

They are definitely not plastic, they appear to be a die cast material.

As you might be able to see in the photo. Where the paint has come off they are silver in colour underneath and, might I add, just a bit sharp.

Edited by ericalee
misspelling

14 minutes ago, ericalee said:

It was a New Holland TM165

they should be plastic pull out ones then, suspect someone has maybe glued a white metal or similar repo one in ?  have seen some in the past in white metal from replacement parts sellers, guess your best option would be a drill and take the centre out so the top part falls off , then remove the rest in the chassis with a bit the same size as the chassis hole , you wont need to split the chassis to do it.