3D designs I'm working on

Decided to utilise my 3D modelling skills learnt whilst creating mods for FS17.  I hadn't realised that 3D printers had got so wholesale so I decided I'll give it a go.  I just need to finalise some measurements against actual models and then get the printer and start messing about I think. I'll be sticking with Plasticard/Plastrut and Brass for some parts as well.  I think Im going to enjoy this.  Suggestions welcome 😉

Modelssofar.jpg.2ad81c0fad7dc5b98f6d4bc43ba4c1f4.jpg

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, sipher172 said:

If this is the start, I am excited to see what comes next.  Not sure if you have seen it yet, but there is a topic documenting people's adventures with 3d printing on the forum.  

Thanks for the feedback. I have seen it and I will be posting on there when I begin(probably later in the summer

You will enjoy 3D Printing Ian, the possibility's are endless, I've been dabbling in it now for over 7 years, and learning new procedures almost daily, on my 3rd printer right now, A Creality Ender 3 Pro, Sean uses one as well, Filament ( FDM ) printers are good on large prints, But for fine detailing a Resin printer would be better, You will also need a " slicer " to prepare your object so as they can be printed, I use Cura 5.3, They do take a bit of learning, Sean uses an IOS based system as he is all Ipad anyway, But loads of different systems out there, Then if you do have any issues Youtube tutorials are real handy,

Creality https://www.creality.com/

Cura,  https://ultimaker.com/software/ultimaker-cura

Regards

Joe.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, James Joe Dewar said:

You will enjoy 3D Printing Ian, the possibility's are endless, I've been dabbling in it now for over 7 years, and learning new procedures almost daily, on my 3rd printer right now, A Creality Ender 3 Pro, Sean uses one as well, Filament ( FDM ) printers are good on large prints, But for fine detailing a Resin printer would be better, You will also need a " slicer " to prepare your object so as they can be printed, I use Cura 5.3, They do take a bit of learning, Sean uses an IOS based system as he is all Ipad anyway, But loads of different systems out there, Then if you do have any issues Youtube tutorials are real handy,

Creality https://www.creality.com/

Cura,  https://ultimaker.com/software/ultimaker-cura

Regards

Joe.

Thanks Joe

• Thanks 1

I'm having fun with Tyre treads.  Not really done much with Array tool, but Im loving this. My first proper tyre with tread.  I need to smooth some edges, but I think I have the basic shapes.  Now, where is that Michelin TRAILXBIB and CARGOXBIB Thread pattern. 😛

MockupBKT.thumb.jpg.d4551a7f40b7b7163d92865425572adc.jpg 

• Like 3

I designed this Murray Stone Fork last night just from photos. I know the width from the website, so the rest just through trial and error. Not bad as a start. I have finalised ant connecting points as yet.  I know there is a difference between models and want some time to ponder what to do.

StoneFork1.jpg.c584debbe9b1bf78ba272a004d8e36da.jpgStoneFork2.jpg.f53be89262f3405e753494115d795286.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AgriumArtwork said:

I'm having fun with Tyre treads.  Not really done much with Array tool, but Im loving this. My first proper tyre with tread.  I need to smooth some edges, but I think I have the basic shapes.  Now, where is that Michelin TRAILXBIB and CARGOXBIB Thread pattern. 😛

MockupBKT.thumb.jpg.d4551a7f40b7b7163d92865425572adc.jpg 

Tyres are the  one thing I have trouble with, I cannot find a decent tutorial on how to do them useing Designspark Mechanical, The DAG software I am useing, There is a russian guy that has one on Youtube, But he speaks no English so there is no audio on it, So it's difficult to really follow the steps he does.

Regards

Joe.

On 4/26/2023 at 12:03 PM, Stabliofarmer said:

Lovely work so far Ian, looking forward to seeing where you push it too. Some text on the side walls next maybe, but watch out for print resolution, it starts to get too small and you only get parts of each letter printing

Thanks for the heads up. I have remodelled the tyre, a bit smoother now.  Worked on the text, but Im going to leave that for now, no point worrying about the print capabilities until Im ready to press print. I can always tweak it if needed.  I may even do it indented, rather than extruded on the surface.

BKTRendered.jpg

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Well the Saturn 2 8k has arrived. Unboxed, Not setup as yet. I've opted to make my own Alcohol wash station, using two tuppaware boxes and a deep fat fryer mesh basket, but they aren't here yet, so no printing at the moment. Figured its the cheapest way of getting to grips with it, rather than opting for a machine. That may come in time, but not sure

Ive downloaded Lychee slicer as it seems to be the one a lot of people use with this style of Resin printer.  Going to need to figure it out and a bit of trial and error I think, but my 3d objects have zero issues, so that a good start.

Hopefully get printing this week and see what happens

IMG_3928.JPG

Trial Print Weight Block.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Does anyone do classic tractor bonnets like fords masseys and the old IHs you guys on the 3D printing are bob on with your models im after a IH 674 bonnet & Grille a ford 3000 force grille and bonnet and a bonnet that would fit a MF 565 to 590 i think the britains ones taper too thin towards the cab 

Cheers nigel